How will you make an impact?
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of more than $25 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
What will you do?
The Sr. Financial Analyst for the Single Use Technologies business unit is a key contributor. This role will partner with the business leadership team by providing financial planning, analysis, reporting, and forecasting support. In addition to serving as the subject matter expert for finance and accounting, the candidate is expected to provide insight and guidance into strategy, partnering closely with the business to achieve financial objectives. This position offers the right candidate an opportunity for career development and growth while supporting a growing and dynamic business.
- Partner with manager and business leadership team to drive revenue and maximize profitability through price realization and identified gross margin task force opportunities
- Review monthly financial performance and provide a thorough analysis of variances to the prior forecast, last year, and plan.
- Identify, assess, and track issues and risks both on the top line and in the cost structure. Work with manager and business leadership to mitigate issues and risks.
- Frequently coordinate with cross-functional business partners and use information and insight gained to recommend potential cost and operational efficiencies to maximize profitability
- Provide financial modeling and analytical support for new product introductions, targeted investments, and other business initiatives. Provide modeling and analytical support around the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Develop next-gen dashboards and KPI tools to analyze results and enable data-driven decision making
How will you get here?
- Bachelors degree required, preferably in Accounting, Finance or related major
- MBA or CPA a plus
- Prior experience in an FP&A or Sr. Financial Analyst role with 4+ years of progressive finance experience
- Excellent problem solving skills with attention to detail; ability to analyze the overall business
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent financial modelling skills; ability to dig into details and analyze variances and trends.
- Technical ability to build automated and interactive dashboards in Tableau and/or PowerBI. Ability to reconcile data across systems and implement data controls
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Power Point, Cognos, and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills, able to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to travel 20% of time.