When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $18+ billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. With our scale and the variety of our business lines, when you join our team, you may work on the kind of complex projects you can’t find anywhere else.
An opportunity exists for an ambitious professional to lead the financial consolidations of Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) Operations. The expectation of this role is that it provides finance leadership and business partnership to the GSD Operations Leadership team and the Director of Finance.
- Lead consolidations for the operations divisional financials consisting of manufacturing sites and supporting functions for monthly reporting and forecasting, risk and opportunities, quarterly QBR reporting.
- Provide timely and accurate financial information to Operations Finance Director to make sound P&L, Balance Sheet, and cash flow decisions
- Support special projects including Site transfers and NPI launches
- Lead PPI process for function, driving continuous improvement in high visibility areas
- Lead budgeting, forecasting, AOP and financial/strategic planning activity
- Develop global processes that are scalable, streamlined and effective in meeting the evolving needs of a dynamic LSG organization
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance; preferably MBA and/or CMA or CPA certification
- 4+ years of direct experience in financial analysis, reporting within a large, manufacturing Organization preferred
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills in large matrix organizations
- Ability to influence and engage business partners, peers , direct/indirect reports; Have ability to effectively interface with senior management
- Self-reliant, problem solver and results oriented
- Experience with Hyperion/HFM preferred