Associate Product Manager, Transfection
Position Location: Carlsbad, CA (must be willing to relocate to area)
Thermo Fisher has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Product Manager, Transfection
The Associate Product Manager will help manage the Transfection portfolio within Cell Biology business unit as part of Biosciences division. This position will play a key role in managing a market leading portfolio including in vivo, in vitro transfection reagents and electroporation solutions that enable scientists to modify cells for research and drug development.
The position will also support global portfolio strategies, identification and development of innovative solutions, and serve as a critical driver of core business functions.
- Lead and work on collaborative projects within the business segment team and with other functional stakeholders across the organization such as finance, marketing, research and development, commercial, strategy, business development, operations and legal.
- Support develop and evolve business strategies to drive growth and expansion of the portfolio.
- Scope, execute and report out on special projects that may involve business plan creation, market assessment, voice-of-customer, financial analysis, and practical process improvement (PPI). Set and meet milestones and timelines. Maintain a robust cadence for planning and review mechanisms with all relevant stakeholders.
- Drive successful product launches and work closely with cross-functional and cross-business teams.
- Research and develop new market applications and digital tools to improve customer journey, as well as constantly innovating towards portfolio expansion into emerging market segments (i.e. in vivo, in vitro nucleic acid delivery, viral vectors for cell and gene therapy, electroporation).
- Support customers on the usage of transfection products and engage with scientific key opinion leaders to develop new technical applications.
- Proactively gather industry, market, competitor, supplier, and product intelligence related to the business segment’s interests within the Biotech, Biopharma and Research markets.
- Create and implement operating mechanisms to improve business team effectiveness.
- Interface with leadership within the business unit and in other functions within the company.
Requirements / Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or similar discipline. Master’s or MBA are preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a product management, marketing, management consulting, project management, life science commercial or research and development roles.
- Experience in in vivo gene delivery, nucleic acid vaccine and therapeutic, or regulated market is a plus.
- Strong analytical, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and prioritization skills with attention to detail.
- Creative, passionate, result-driven, other-oriented, curious and able to lead without authority.