Job Location: Hershey, PA
The Specialist, Business Development supports all disciplines within US Supply Chain for CoMan operations for Chocolate category. The Specialist, Business Development works closely with Acct Managers, Operations Business Development and Operation Planners. Supports sourcing and strategy to drive CI initiatives, manufacturing locations and cost savings. The Specialist, Business Development supports the co-manufacturing procurement activities collaborating with Procurement and Account Managers to ensure best in class tier two spend for all MA partners. Actively participates in annual contract reviews and negotiations within Manufacturing Alliances for targeted & routine partners in the Chocolate category. Drives Business Review Meetings to review tolling and plant metric performance. The Specialist, Business Development will be the key contact for special projects and innovation directly related to MA.. Identify third party manufacturing companies to support growth, innovation and new product needs. Foster strategic partnerships by engaging external manufacturers that offer services beyond manufacturing. Negotiate contract terms and product costs to the best overall advantage of the company. Support bid events to identify savings opportunities and ensure lowest pricing and obtain productivity.
- Assign CoMan facilities to projects based on capabilities, cost, and capacity
- Develop preliminary costing with manufactures using information from PCM and OBD group.
- Maintain price list
- Knowledge of key cost drivers and drive margin enhancement
- Negotiate competitive tolling rates
- Point of contact for PCM projects
- Facilitate external options for Innovation Projects CoMan
- Lead total cost analysis and comparisons
- Product Cost Sourcing for chocolate projects (seasonal, Canadian, in/out, low volume)
Co-Man procurement lead for raws & packaging for all MA partners
- Collaborate with Procurement and Account Managers to ensure best in class tier two spend by competitively sourcing raw/pkg spend for all MA partners
- Support the development and ownership strategy for all chocolate category partners
- Contract development, compliance & review for chocolate targeted & routine partners
Supplier Relationship Management
- Coordinate business review meetings with coman chocolate targeted & routine partners
- Provide feedback on plant metrics and performance
- Use meetings to drive improvements through performance
- Coordinate and drive continuous improvements through tolling reductions, pkg changes, innovation, and process improvements
- Reduce intermediate product and pkg waste
- Continuous improvement lead with chocolate targeted & routine partners
- B.A/B.S. degree in Business Administration or equivalent. (Master’s Degree is a plus)
- 0-3 years broad-based food industry experience including 0-3 years of Supply Chain, Finance or Procurement experience within the food industry.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans