WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a key member of the Washington and Northeast Finance team, the Finance Lead will provide thought partnership, analysis, and reporting to assist in managing commercial accounts, and office economics. The individual will understand drivers of the business, and provide stakeholders with accurate, timely, and relevant information. The Finance Lead will also lead team members in the cost planning process for the office.
Activities will include, but not limited to:
- Engaging directly with the Partners and case teams on finance needs: ad hoc analysis, presentation preparation, monitoring case financials and price realization, modeling case economics, etc
- Own annual operational budgets and cost planning, in accordance with regional and global guidelines, and oversee team members in the cost planning and management process
- Continue to push forward the local commercial support agenda and improve structure around commercial support processes
- Working with clients as appropriate to ensure timely payments
- Assessing and providing transparency around financial risk associated with the cases; ensure compliance with global, regional, and local governance
- Monitoring deployment of consulting resources
- Providing business updates and reporting on Key Performance Indicators
- Act as a liaison with functional budget owners to assist in managing cost budgets
- Collaborate with a wide variety of business partners from other local offices, the Northeast, North America, Global, and others
- Create and give trainings to various Consulting and BST groups to help align the office with business objectives
YOU’RE GOOD AT
Business partnering with variety of internal clients
Working in fast-paced, dynamic environments
Managing both short term needs and medium/long term objectives in parallel
Collaborating across functions and between executives, senior management, and more junior staff
Communicating effectively and efficiently both verbally and in writing
Working both in a team setting and independently
Solving problems creatively
Managing multiple stakeholder groups
Developing and proactively evolving reporting and analysis in response to business needs
Creating and enhancing financial processes, guidelines, and policies
YOU’RE GOOD AT (CONT’D)
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business, or Math; MBA or Master’s degree a plus
5+ years of finance-related experience ideal; candidates with less experience might potentially be considered at the Senior Financial Analyst level
Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint; experience with Business Objects, Alteryx, Power BI or Tableau a plus
Prior experience in a professional services environment a plus
Ability and desire to travel
YOU’LL WORK WITH
Members of our finance team are responsible for preserving the intellectual capital, assets, and integrity of BCG. We make a decisive impact on the firm’s direction, performance, and risk-management models. Finance jobs include accounting and reporting, planning and analysis, tax and treasury, financial systems, payroll, and executive compensation.
YOUR EMPLOYEE TYPE IS
YOUR JOB TYPE IS
WHO WE ARE
BCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the world’s best talent to have a real impact on business and society. As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next. We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possible—and unlocking your potential to advance the world.
BST is the operational heart of our business and is invaluable to our success. Roles such as finance, human resources, risk, and IT, help propel BCG forward. BST employees support the core of the organization and provide outstanding value to the business. As a BST member, you will work with inspiring, talented, dedicated, and curious colleagues in an energizing, fast-paced environment in which people are treated with respect and help one another to succeed. Working at BCG provides you with the opportunity to grow through interesting and challenging work and to have an active voice in your personal career development.
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.