- Responsible for all tactical functions within a commodity team.
- Lead a team of Buyer/Planners to ensure the safe delivery of quality parts on-time, every time.
- Establish standard work and drives discipline on tactical procurement execution.
- Ensure supply chain operates in alignment with program budgets, documenting last price paid and ‘should-cost’ parameters when procuring parts/systems.
- Partner with engineering and finance to revise requirements/scope to enable effective competition when necessary.
- Leverage best-practice processes to achieve improved supply chain planning, visibility and performance.
- Train and deploy basic commercial sales knowledge such as pricing, delivery, warranty, payment terms, and various legal terms to protect the business.
- Measure/track performance while developing individual and team capability
- Drive adherence to standard work with aptitude to foresee issues and mitigate impact to the business.
- Drive communication and production readiness across the organization to provide excellent internal customer support to production teams.
- Education: 4-year degree in related field required, Masters degree (MBA or MS/MA) preferred
- Years of Experience: Five years of related professional experience preferred, three years experience at Textron with demonstrated performance and progressive levels of responsibility may be acceptable
- Software Knowledge: Experience with systems related to purchase order transactions (SAP or similar system
EEO StatementTextron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy StatementThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Job Field Supply Chain
Primary Location US-Georgia-Augusta
Recruiting Company Textron Specialized Vehicles
Job Level Manager with Direct Reports
Shift First Shift
Job Posting 10/25/2020, 9:15:22 PM