Full Job Description
Our team is growing and we need highly-motivated, analytical people to help us succeed. We’ve clearly defined our FP&A mission – to forecast and optimize Tenable’s Business performance through timely, accurate, and actionable analysis. Easy enough to say, but to truly accomplish this over the long-term we need strong, dynamic analysts who can help us sift through a variety of financial information and metrics and recommend insightful solutions as to how best to model the business. An ideal candidate will have a penchant for structured/logical thinking, a collaborative spirit, and an inquisitive mind. There is great growth potential, both in the group and at Tenable as a whole. The opportunity to learn and grow with us is substantial – we want candidates who are passionate and ready to seize the opportunity and become an integral part of the group.
The Senior Financial Analyst will assist in expanding and maintaining a corporate financial model that details the entire company’s operations and projects future performance. An analyst’s ability to collaborate directly with Business Leaders on a regular basis is core to our success.
- Provide management with accurate and timely financial reports detailing their group’s performance versus established goals and objectives
- Perform quantitative analysis of operational and financial data
- Build forecasts of future company performance and maintain dynamic models to support a rolling forecast including long-term scenario modeling
- Create and validate content for executive level presentations and reviews
- Perform ad hoc analysis for executives as required
- Compile, analyze and lead monthly budget vs. actual reviews with department heads
- Develop an understanding of financial data systems and flow so you can help pinpoint integration opportunities with other data sources/systems
- Outline and define opportunities to re-engineer processes and automate reporting where possible
- Evaluate opportunities for cost-savings through financial analysis
- Build and manage planning databases by organizing and analyzing a wide range of data sources
- Partner with other groups to develop and refine a robust model of the business
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting preferred; other business backgrounds also helpful
- At least 3-5 years of experience, that has encompassed the fields of finance and accounting
- Very strong quantitative analysis skills including advanced Excel modeling
- Experience creating/using models in a Financial Planning system such as Adaptive Planning, Hyperion, Anaplan, or a similar system is a plus. Specific experience with Adaptive Planning as a modeling tool is especially helpful in the near-term in this role
- In-depth understanding of a three-statement financial model
- Prior experience working with financial models, FP&A, or Corp financial planning
- Operations and results-centric, working with multiple business teams throughout the organization to streamline financial operations and metrics (providing KPIs, monitoring and forecasting in a timely manner, etc.)
- Comfort with presenting to and interacting with all levels of management; skilled with creating and presenting via Powerpoint. Google Slides, etc.
- Experience with Tableau or a similar BI tool and a mindset for data analytics would translate well
- An MBA or other advanced business degree or certification is a plus
- Prior SaaS industry experience is a plus
- Experience working in public company w/ diversified/global organization is a plus
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above – and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams – that’s not ok. We’re One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable – through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.