As a Sales Representative for our color concentrate division you will be responsible for acquiring new and maintaining existing accounts by executing the company strategic initiatives. Entrepreneurial approach to territory management, including planning, implementing, and taking ownership of your territory plans to enhance key relationships and drive territory results. Partner with your customers by providing the latest in standard and custom color concentrate solutions. Customer base includes thermoplastic processors in injection molding, blow molding, extrusion and roto-molding.
Our color concentrate division consistently delivers a high quality product and exceptional customer service. You can expect strong technical and manufacturing support along with the tools needed to significantly reduce lead times to ensure your success and set you apart from the competition.
- Territory to include the region of Georgia, Florida and west to Texas with frequent travel estimated at 50%- 60% (when business travel resumes).
- This is a field- based position, you must live in the territory, preferably the greater Atlanta area.
- Responsible for establishing good business relationships with existing customers and developing prospects to gain color approvals that will lead to increased sales volume and profit margins.
- Works with new and existing customers to gain approvals for increased sales volume.
- Establishes good business relationships.
- Obtains product suggestions from Technical Service to meet customer requirements through TSR.
- Negotiates contracts for increased sales.
- Obtains orders.
- Offers technical support to customers.
- Addresses and communicates complaints with both Teknor Color Technical Service and customer.
- Attends Regional and National sales meetings.
- Represents Teknor Color at trade shows.
- Attends and participates in industry related seminars.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, chemistry, engineering or related field of study. MBA prefered.
- Position requires between 2-4 years sales experience, or relevant experience within the industry.
- Highly skilled executing the full sales cycle including prospecting, cold calling, closing business and cultivating long term customer relationships.
- Frequent travel estimated at 50%-60%.
- Must reside in the territory, preferably the greater Atlanta area.
- Solid business acumen including excellent verbal, written and persuasive business communication
- Ability to develop new approaches to replace products and develop niche markets.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise good business judgment and discretion along with the ability to analyze and address territory opportunities by building key customer relationships.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships through collaboration with colleagues, as well as internal and external contacts.
- Strong computer skills including experience with ERP systems and sales reporting tools
Our corporate office is in Rhode Island, the position is a field sales based position ideally based in Georgia.