Full Job Description
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role in Network Planning and Global Intelligence means creating industry leading intelligence solutions to drive best in class omnichannel guest experiences at the lowest cost to Target. You might focus on enabling the future transportation operating model, optimizing inventory management, driving topology planning or leveraging deep business insights and analytics to propel Target’s Supply Chain. As a network steward, we create forecasts, design inventory optimization strategies and leverage technology to ensure our inventory is available at the right time, in the right places and quantity to meet the needs of our guest, stores and operational goals. Super-powered first and foremost by our people, and supported by robust process and technology, we are a team of data-focused, curious minds who love to solve hard problems to enable a dynamic, fast paced Supply Chain Network.
As a Lead Supply Chain Analyst – Supply Chain Strategy, you will contribute to the team that is at the heart of defining Target’s supply chain strategy from sourcing our products to final delivery to our stores and guest’s home. You will participate in strategic problem solving, including developing and testing hypotheses, creating conceptual frameworks, and conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis to solve some of the toughest problems retailers are facing today. You will work closely with stakeholders across the company in Finance, Properties, Merchandising, Stores, Food and Bev, and Global Supply Chain & Logistics teams to enable supply chain transformation. This role will help drive your career development through robust problem solving, influencing senior leaders, sharpening your technology skills, and giving you a deep understanding of omni-channel supply chains.
Project, Process, and Program Management
- Influence leaders by providing accurate data analysis, interpretation, with well-founded insights. Impact and influence key decisions throughout the project life cycle in conjunction with senior leaders
- Owns the entire end to end planning process, establishes timelines/milestones, communication, and defining deliverables
- Develop and publish long-range capacity and capability requirements to influence improvements in Target’s Supply Chain, inform capital plans and prioritization of future strategic initiatives
- Leads large scale supply chain initiatives to deliver improved performance
- Works cross-functionally with partners from Finance, Engineering & Activation, Inventory Management, Store Operations, Transportation, Indirect/Reverse Logistics and Field Operations to align on planning inputs, develop business cases, and recommend network topology changes
- Identify roadblocks and communicate proactively to key stakeholders alerting them of potential delays
Data Modeling & Analysis
- Ensures accuracy of all planning inputs and outputs by implementing validation processes and reasonability checks
- Owns the design requirements and development of planning models
- Gather and analyze supply chain data to understand the current state of Target’s supply chain:
- Develop analytical models to enhance understanding of supply chain data and collaborate with peers on approach and tools needed
- Studies trends and performs correlation analysis
- Develop insights through analyzing and visualizing data to inform and influence stakeholders
- Identify areas of opportunity, potential solution sets, and formalize recommendations
- Recommend changes and/or improvements in the supply chain based on findings
- Provide data and analytics support for growth initiatives, including assessment and recommendations, with an emphasis on forward looking projects/questions
- Conduct analysis on current and new projects impacting the supply chain network such as omni-channel, e-commerce fulfillment, and end to end replenishment strategies.
- B.S. in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business, Finance, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research or other related fields.
- Masters or MBA preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of experience
- Prefer candidates with previous Supply Chain experience / exposure (HQ or DC’s)
- Proven ability using data to drive changes/improvements in an operational environment
- Ability to clearly and succinctly communicate complex concepts in written and verbal form
- Good problem solving and project management experience
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Can make decisions with little to no guidance from manager or other leaders
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence senior leaders
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.