You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else – remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
You’ll join The Risk And Program Management Group within Syneos Health Consulting. You will assist pharma consortiums in facilitating the myriad legal, financial, and operational risks and nuances of program management. More specifically:
An Associate Program Manager I is an individual contributor in the Risk and Program Management Advisory Group and is primarily responsible for supporting the creation of high-quality program materials and client deliverables. Expectations include the ability to structure and complete individual project tasks on time and communicate proactively and effectively with team members and program management.
- Establishes a clear understanding of key program and meeting discussion questions, overall timelines, and how her/his contributions relate to key deliverables in the client contract.
- Prepares for and attends meetings and presentations. Takes notes, writes up meeting minutes, summarizes next steps and action items, schedules follow-up meetings, and, in collaboration with program management, communicates post-meeting, as appropriate.
- Creates high-quality PowerPoint slides with guidance and specific direction. Addresses feedback quickly and quality checks revisions. Exhibits an attention to detail and an understanding of style guidelines. Delivers on-time and communicates proactively when timing is at risk.
- Demonstrates technical skill according to the demands of the program, and uses skill to create value on programs with appropriate level of assistance, including research and data analysis (e.g., organization of sources, data processing, analysis, and quality checking accuracy) and communicating findings succinctly and clearly, verbally and through written text.
- Responsible for creating and documenting program activities, including meeting minutes, status reports, and other client and vendor communications. Conducts needed program administration activities. Maintains document version control and style guidelines. Ensures proper document retention policies are followed.
- Approaches program ambiguity, client changes, delays/expedites, and/or unexpected findings with maturity and professionalism. Maintains regular communication with program management and leadership.
- Exhibits professional, positive, respectful, and mature interactions internally & externally. Displays passion and drive while advocating for a superior client experience through program delivery.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
Graduate or higher degree (e.g. MBA, PhD, PharmD) in business or life sciences, or PMI Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) / Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Ability to assess client needs and deliver high-quality, effective communications
- Must be fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Familiarity with Project Management tools (e.g. MS Project, SharePoint) is preferable
- Preference for individuals with demonstrated project management experience
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Excellent time-management skills
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re a part of the big picture. We work hand in hand to guide pre-market development through post-market commercial strategy. Knowledge sharing across advisory groups unlocks the innovation and unique strategies our end-to-end commercialization projects require. Our collaborative mindset means every project is a chance to solve a new challenge, learn from your teammates, become better-rounded, and evolve your career.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate biopharmaceutical commercialization?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)