Assoc Dir, Business Finance
Ensures the integrity of the financials for the Commercial business. Sets standards of reporting on actuals, forecasts and backlog that meet and exceed the financial reporting requirements and business needs of the Commercial business. Functionally or directly supervises a team of finance professionals who partner and support the Commercial business.
- Oversees management and direction of assigned finance personnel. Approves course of action on all management/human resources’ matters, including employment hires, transfers, terminations, promotions, performance appraisals and professional development, job descriptions and employee evaluation, training, counseling and discipline of direct staff members.
- Recommends, develops, and maintains client budget models on cross functional engagements. Works with divisional business finance teams on unbilled and deferred revenue positions for contracts. Provides direction and oversight on client invoicing for cross functional engagements.
- Responsible for the reporting and variance analysis of actuals, quarterly and full year forecasting, and annual budgeting for Cross Functional engagements.
- Responsible for revenue recognition related to PMO activities for Cross Functional engagements. Works closely with and takes global ownership of cross functional contracts to ensure revenue recognition policies are being followed consistently.
- Works closely with and takes ownership for cross functional contracts areas around project close-out and project balance sheet positions to ensure the latest project financial profile properly reflects the financial position of the project at month end.
- Performs quarterly review of the company’s financial applications and documents processes and procedures to ensure compliance with GAAP, and corporate policy.
- Develops reviews and approves proposals, change orders and contract payment milestone terms that support corporate profit and liquidity targets.
- Reviews, reports and summarizes project results and metrics at the project and executive level on a monthly basis. Recommends actions to executive management and relevant project management whose business and/or individual project risk under perform budgeted goals.
- Responsible for cross functional contract award and backlog reporting. Ensures backlog reporting is current, to reflect consistent, accurate and timely data with any significant variances explained. Reports results in an executive summary to include changes from prior reports, and highlight significant changes.
- Ensures reporting activities not only meet, but exceed the companies requirement to expedite critical decisions for the business.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field or equivalent education and experience plus extensive, progressive financial experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills essential with one (1) year direct management experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills utilizing MS Office and ERP systems required, with Oracle ERP, Hyperion, Essbase and Saleforce.com experience preferred.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment is essential.
- Requires effective presentation, documentation, leadership and interpersonal skills with a team-oriented approach. Advanced degree or certification either MBA or CPA preferred.
Primary Location North America – USA-Somerset-500-Atrium-Drive
Employee Status Regular