- FP&A, accounting and/or consolidation background preferred
- Experience with use of Excel (financial modeling and data management), consolidation and financial systems (Surgery Partners is using or considering Solomon, Lawson, OneStream, Tableau)
- 3+ years relevant experience (financial planning, financial analysis, data mining, and modeling expertise)
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance, accounting, math or related required
- MBA or CPA highly preferred
- Experience working with different stakeholders across various functions within company.
- Interest in rapid ability to prepare decision-support analysis on a range of issues related to financial performance, business planning, strategic opportunities, and business case analysis
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Healthcare, hospital, ASC and joint venture experience
- Executive presence
- Tenacious, but adaptable
The FP&A Analyst, will fill a key role within the Corporate Finance organization. This position will assist in the preparation of critical financial analysis used by the executive leadership team and board of directors. The ideal candidate will have exceptional financial competence, strong business acumen, robust organizational skills, knowledge of financial analysis tools and techniques, and exceptional communication abilities. The candidate must be able to balance the demands of a rapidly growing, complex environment. This candidate must be self-sufficient and confident in their ability to steer the company in delivering on its long term business model.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively across various company functions (i.e. Accounting, Operation, Development, Corporate Finance, etc.) to align on group performance, monthly results, forecasts and risks & opportunities.
- Leverages available and newly developed systems data to create management reporting for assigned business lines and/or enterprise.
- Build upon existing monthly financial reporting by incorporating operational data sets to enhance the enterprise performance management
- Learn how to use data to demonstrate the story of the Company and ultimately predict potential outcomes to be provided to operational management
- Assist in incorporating enhanced performance reporting in all levels of monthly reporting at facility, regional and enterprise levels
- Creates and maintains management reports for monthly, quarterly, and annual analysis
containing profitability analysis, segment metrics, and capital utilization analysis.
- Presents financial and operational results to senior management on a regular and ad-hoc basis, including trends and competitive analysis giving full insight into the Company’s P&L.
- Development of business intelligence presentations for disbursing data to management in visual format
- Lead compilation, consolidation rollup, and analysis of annual budgets and forecasts
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or better