Senior Financial Analyst – Fruit FP&A – (200000EG)
SunOpta Inc. (Nasdaq: STKL; TSX: SOY) is a leading global company focused on plant-based foods and beverages, fruit-based foods and beverages, and organic ingredient sourcing and production. The Company specializes in the sourcing, processing and packaging of organic and non-GMO food products for retail, food service and private label customers. The Company follows a strategic vertically integrated business model that leverages a robust global sourcing and supply infrastructure and broad range of manufacturing capabilities to service its broad customer base.
The Company has approximately 1,900 full-time employees principally located in North America and Europe and generates approximately $1.2 billion in annual revenues.
This Senior Financial Analyst position plays a key role in the financial planning and analysis processes for the Fruit-Based Food & Beverage segment, including the preparation of budget, monthly/quarterly forecast, and long term plans, as well as the preparation of management reporting and other ad hoc analysis to support business decision making. The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for working cross-functionally to facilitate internal planning and reporting processes and provide guidance and analysis on business results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual budget and monthly/quarterly forecasts for the segment, including coordination with cross functional business partners
- Preparation of standard monthly management reports, segment deck, and operating expense reports
- Drive on-going development of the financial accounting and management reporting systems/tools to streamline reporting packages and improve analytical tools
- Actively identify profit generating and process improvement opportunities and provide recommended actions to management
- Develop/maintain financial models and other ad hoc analyses to provide relevant and insightful information on business performance
- Drive for continuous improvement in standard processes and reporting
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics. MBA and/or CPA a plus
- Minimum 3-5 years in analyst role with a strong knowledge of accounting systems, planning and business analysis.
- Strong analytical (qualitative and quantitative) problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail/accuracy, strong business acumen
- Self-starter with a passion for continuous improvement
- Ability to interpret data and communicate appropriately to leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in Hyperion/Essbase
- Proficiency in Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics (DAX) preferred
- Familiarity with data analytics tools, such as Tableau or Power BI
Travel up to 10%
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Primary Location: US-MN-Edina US Corporate Office
Work Locations: Edina US Corporate Office 7301 Ohms Lane Suite 600 Edina 55439
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Job Posting: Dec 14, 2020, 11:34:00 AM