Join our Growing Team and see why Summit Utilities, Inc was named as one of the Fastest Growing Denver Area Private Companies 2019 and 2020; Best Places to Work in Maine 2019 and 2020; and Best Places to Work in Arkansas 2020.
Summit is a growing natural gas utility providing safe, reliable and clean burning natural gas service to homes and businesses in Arkansas, Colorado, Maine, Missouri and Oklahoma. Being part of
the Summit team means embracing excellence, diversity and innovation, committing to safety each and every day, and doing all that we can to serve each other, our customers and the communities where we live. We aim to bring warmth and energy to everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity open for a Senior Financial Analyst based in our Centennial, CO location.
This highly visible role serves as a strategic partner in supporting the continued FP&A activities at Summit Utilities, Inc. As a direct report to the company’s Financial Planning & Analysis Manager, this position will be responsible for revenue forecasts relating to all 4 operating companies, partner with shared services stakeholders, assisting them with forecasting, budgeting, and financial analysis, and support other critical business functions such as the financial analytics of the company.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with growth team, regulatory department, and accounting department to formulate annual revenue budget and quarterly reforecast updates
- Assist in development of functional specific KPI reporting for departments across the company
- Collaborate in the creation of annual budget and quarterly forecasts, inclusive of assisting in generation of Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and Statement of Cash Flows for all entities
- Summarize variance analysis explanations to executives on department financial performance
- Analyze monthly financial results, including revenue variance explanations to budget
- Develop and implement continuous improvement measures in forecasting, budgeting, and KPI reporting
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis in support of the financial performance of the company
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Five years of finance or business analysis experience
- MBA in Finance is a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- High attention to detail, strong organizational skills and meticulous analytical capability
- Strong competencies in forecasting and budgeting
- Demonstrated success in consulting effectively with all levels of management including executives
- Must possess the ability to influence others without direct position power to earn credibility and trust
- Business partner mentality with ability to educate basic financial concepts to stakeholders
- Strong ability to take initiative and manage multiple projects successfully while maintaining an even-keel approach and commitment to deadlines
- Ability to conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative analysis with the proven ability to communicate complex financial concepts and data in an understandable manner to all levels of management and staff
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Oracle PBCS or Hyperion a plus
Summit Utilities, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability