SummitTechnologies, Inc is seeking qualified Capture Manager (CM) to support thebusiness development strategy of Summit Technologies. The CM will develop keybusiness relationships in the government marketplace, with a primaryresponsibility for identifying and developing opportunities for businessexpansion. The Capture Manager works in partnership with the Business Development (BD) Director, the lead ProgramDirector. The Capture Manager interfaceswith the proposal manager, the lead technical writer, proposal contract lead,proposal procurement lead, proposal pricing lead, Price to Win analyst, andother functional area leads as dictated by the RFP. The Capture Manager reports on the acquisitionto the accountable Program Director or the BD Director. The CM will support thedevelopment of customer or market penetration strategies and individualopportunity win strategies and partnering approaches. The CM will act as aliaison with targeted government agencies and offices, makes recommendationsfor change or modification to capture strategy, and may lead teams in order todevelop and deliver various professional services solutions to includewhitepapers, demonstrations, proposals and other internally developed productsused to identify, qualify and capture new business.
- Enter and maintain all CRM entries relative to the opportunity.
- Develop applicable gate/decision reviews and secure appropriatemanagement approvals.
- Identify key decision makers and vet solutions as part of captureprocess. Use project management tools to facilitate interactions anddiscussions.
- Develop a compelling win strategy and achieve enterprise buy-in tothe strategy.
- Prepare, maintain, and implement the formal Capture Plan.
- Assemble an unbeatable team that includes internal and externalteam members.
- Develop source selection evaluation process insight andunderstanding.
- Conduct or ensure implementation of enterprise self-analysis andassessment.
- Conduct or ensure implementation of competitor analysis,intelligence gathering, and assessment.
- Conduct or ensure implementation of pricing analysis, pricingintelligence gathering, and assessment.
- Ensure that all pre-award risk assessments are completed,reviewed, and approved based on the bid’s Category Level.
- Develop win themes, discriminators, and ghosts, and identify thedata needed to substantiate them.
- Brainstorm solid and effective technical, operational, management,personnel, business, and pricing approaches.
- Identify potential significant risks and determine how to preventor mitigate them.
- Determine resource needs, including overhead and B&P budgets.
- Notify senior management and the proposal manager of real or anticipatedchallenges and problems that could jeopardize the bid.
- Attend color review debrief sessions and evaluate and incorporateappropriate comments and recommendations into the volume.
- Ensure compliance with and responsiveness to all RFP requirementsin your approaches.
- Attend daily tag-up meetings to keep abreast of problems, schedulechanges, compliance issues, and other issues that may affect capture.
- Review, confirm, and sign off on all final proposal files prior tosubmission to the customer.
MinimumRequirements. All resumes must depict the following:
- Five (5)years’ experience as a Capture Manager in the DoD marketplace.
- Bachelor’sDegree (Preferably in Business, Marketing, or Finance).
- ShipleyCapture Manager training/certification or equivalent.
- Proposaldevelopment experience on proposals of $10 million or more in value.
PreferredEducation and Experience:
- Selectedcandidate will be required to attend training and gain Shipley CM Training/Certificationwithin 6 months of hire.
Summit is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Summit gives preference to protected veterans.
Position descriptions serve as a guideline and may not be construed as a guarantee of employment. Summit is an at-will organization.