About Summit Medical Group
Summit Medical Group is East Tennessee’s largest primary care organization with more than 300 providers at 66 practice locations in 15 counties. Summit also consists of four diagnostic centers, mobile diagnostic services, eight physical therapy centers, four express clinics, central laboratory, extensivist clinic, and sleep services center. Summit provides healthcare services to more than 280,000 patients, averaging over one million encounters annually. For more information, visit www.summitmedical.com
In addition to our commitment to the health of our community, our organization is also committed to the health of our employees through our employee Wellness Program. Employees receive a discounted monthly insurance premium if they actively participate in the wellness program. Furthermore, Summit Medical Group hires only non-tobacco users. Pre-employment drug testing will include testing for nicotine, and only candidates who pass the drug test will be considered eligible for employment.
About Our Career Opportunity
Concord Medical Center, a division of Summit Medical Group, is seeking a Site Administrator to manage the daily operations for the site. The successful candidate will have a strong financial background, strong business acumen and practice management experience. The Site Manager will run the practice in accordance with the policies and procedures set forth by Summit Medical Group.
This is a full time opportunity, working M-F.
Responsibilities: (List does not include all duties assigned)
- Recruits, hires and supervises staff in coordination with intermediate supervisors. Ensures that employees receive proper orientation upon hire and appropriate training throughout the course of their employment.
- Evaluates performances and recommends merit increases, promotions and disciplinary actions for office staff in close coordination with Managing Partner. Solicits participation from intermediate supervisors as warranted.
- Directly resolves conflicts with staff, requiring little intervention on the part of Managing Partner.
- Maintains professional working relationship with staff.
- Responsible for automated payroll and attendance data entry to include, but not limited to, adjustments, vacation, sick, etc. Monitors and approves the site’s payroll process in conjunction with Human Resources (HR) and Payroll Departments at Summit.
- Assesses workload to assure proper staffing levels are met. Analyzes productivity, financial, full-time equivalent (FTE) matrix and other reports to justify changes in staffing levels. Seeks assistance from HR, Operations and Accounting Departments as needed.
- Develops and maintains cross training in all areas to maximize operational efficiencies and minimize any office disruptions resulting in patient dissatisfaction, delinquency in charge entry and backlog in filing, etc. Site Administrator is to have a basic working knowledge of all positions.
- Supervises charge entry, appointment scheduling, patient flow, medical records and all other office functions.
- Identifies and resolves operational problems. Develops improved methods for task performance, implements the improvements, and monitors the effects of the changes. Accesses Summit departments (Operations, HR, Accounting, A/R, etc.) when appropriate.
- Hears and resolves patient complaints. Processes Compliant Tracking Record as per policy. Evaluates, resolves and reports patient complaint trends to Managing Partner.
- Ancillary/Lab: Ensures effective operations and appropriate compliance of with credentialing/regulatory agencies in these departments.
- Credentialing: Works with credentialing department to ensure efficient turnaround of physicians’ signatures of MD and DEA licenses, hospital and payor contracts, etc.
- Serves as both a resource and as an interface for the site physicians and Managing Partner with Summit. Is timely in reviewing, responding to and disseminating appropriate information to physicians and staff, including e-mail and interoffice mail. Attends and participates in meetings as appropriate.
- Physicians: Handles concerns and special assignments of physicians in a prompt and efficient manner. Is capable of handling difficult situations that may arise with physicians, accessing Summit as needed.
- Responsible for / assists in coordination of physician and employee meetings; documents formal meeting minutes, ensuring appropriate follow-up to physicians.
- Facility Management: Monitors and/or supervisors maintenance, janitorial and other related needs of the facility. Works with Summit on lease renewals.
- Strategic Planning: Reports relevant trends to the attention of the site physicians and includes a comprehensive report on meaningful options, to include action plans and timelines relevant to patient supply and demand, physician and/or extender recruiting, facility planning, optimization of physician net income, systems of automation, etc.
- Develops and administers site budget with Managing Partner. Monitors, reports trends of monthly variance to site physicians. Accesses Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and COO with potential recommendations for resolution of the same.
- Internal Controls: Oversees and monitors cash management, daily deposits and monthly petty cash reconciliation.
- Oversees the processing of weekly appointment reconciliation, ensuring tight control of superbills.
- Processes accounts payable and properly codes invoices in a timely manner.
- Reviews and analyzes for potential trends all financial reports (monthly, quarterly, annual, etc.) received from Summit and other sources. Distributes to physicians, noting relevant issues. Initiates meetings with Summit as warranted by financial indicators, directing the financial /business aspects of the practice.
- Computer Scheduling: Oversees physician and extender scheduling, maximizing productivity for all providers and allowing for physician specific preferences.
- Patient Registration: Oversees accurate data entry of patient registration ensuring adherence to current company policy. Reviews trends from denial reports and educates staff appropriately.
- Charge Entry: Supervises the timely and accurate data entry of outpatient, inpatient and other charges. Ensures cross training of charge entry as warranted by the volume/productivity of the site.
- Responsible for the timely processing of action forms, prompting final review/correction effort from physician(s) and/or staff, as warranted.
- Supervises and monitors collection of personal balances, co-pays, co-insurance, etc.
- A/R Reports: Reviews, analyzes and recommends resolution to trends in the aging of private balance and insurance categories, denial reports, etc. Initiates meetings with A/R Department with potential issues.
- Responsible for the timely processing of MD reviews, anticipating final collection effort from physician(s) and/or site, as warranted.
- Acts as Compliance Representative and ensures adherence to all requirements of the Corporate Compliance Program, including the timely education of physicians and staff.
- Ensures adherence to state and federal regulations including, but not limited to, OHSA (including adherence to TB and Hep-B policies and safety sharps regulations), CLIA, CMS (formerly known as HCFA), FMLA, ADA, and others as appropriate.
- Facilitates internal chart audits as required by the Corporate Compliance Program by meeting established timelines and objectives associated with the internal auditing of medical records. Interprets and applies the findings of internal chart audits to improve the coding and documentation process.
- Participates in the development of physician call schedule and other professional scheduling as required at site.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Performs other related tasks as appropriate.
- Actively participates in site-level Quality Improvement Activities. Each employee will contribute to the continual evaluation site performance as well as the implementation and measurement of improvement activities that increase the quality of care provided to patients.
Education: A Bachelor or Masters degree in Health or Business Administration or related field preferred. CMPE certification preferred. Lean Sigma certification a plus.
Experience: Two years of office management experience, including one year in a health care organization. Strong financial background. Experience using Athena electronic health records a plus.