SMBC is looking to hire an Associate is in the Lenders Finance Group within the Strategic Credit Products Department. This role will prepare new and annual review credit applications for collateral loan assets for inclusion in portfolios which serve as collateral for loans to customers.
The Associate will be responsible for reading various financial statement, prepare spreadsheets, and will also prepare forward-looking projection models. These models are used by the obligors of loan assets to evaluate the stability of cash flows and the ability to repay. In addition, this role is required to communicate and interact with customer counterparts to exchange information and process requests. This role is also responsible for reviewing monthly collateral loan portfolio reports to check for signs of collateral deterioration as well as loan asset additions and subtractions.
- 2 to 5 years of comparable or relevant experience
- 2-3 years of experience working as a credit analyst at a corporate bank or other financial institution preferred.
- Middle Market leverage lending credit experience is a plus
- Knowledge of corporate finance and accounting rule is required
- Able to read various financial statements and prepare spreadsheets
- BA/BS in Finance or business-related major, MBA or professional certification is desired
- Successful completion of a formal commercial bank credit training preferred
- Some knowledge of research databases such as Bloomberg, Capital IQ a plus
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.)