$4,256 a month
Full Job Description
Develops, interprets, and implements complex financial and accounting concepts, or techniques for financial planning and control, by performing the specified duties.
Pay Grade: 53
100.00% – 1. Three (3) years of experience in financial analysis, budgeting and/or accounting for a large agency or institution; and
2. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in finance, accounting, business administration or related field; OR
3. An equivalent combination of related education and/or experience.
4. MBA in related field or CPA preferred.
5. Experience in budgeting for local, county, or state government preferred.
6. PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED. Duties and Responsibilities
1. Conducts special studies to analyze complex financial actions and prepares recommendations for policy, procedure, control, or action.
2. Provides interpretation of financial policies, governmental legislation, accounting theory, or customer financial regulations.
3. Analyzes financial information to determine present and future financial performance.
4. Identifies trends and recommends improvements accordingly.
5. Evaluates complex budget plans, operating records, and financial statements.
6. Prepares studies, reports, and analyses in areas such as budgets, forecasts, financial plans, governmental requirements, statistical reports and business forecasts.
7. Interprets and applies county financial policies, government legislation, and accounting theory.
8. Establishes and maintains databases of pertinent information for use in analyzing future plans and forecasts.
9. Performs other related duties as required or directed. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
KSAs – 1. Thorough knowledge in applying the appropriate principles and practices of budget and accounting theory.
2. Knowledge of the rules, regulations and contract requirements governing the general government related financial operations and the skills to apply them; GAAP analysis familiarity.
3. Knowledge of business services and/or information systems procedures and analysis.
4. Advanced skills in Excel, Access, Word; database software systems.
5. Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills.
6. Ability to coordinate work activities of support personnel.
7. Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts.
8. Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Disclaimer
This position is subject to a background check for any convictions that have a substantial relationship to potential job duties. Only convictions that are substantially related to potential job duties will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.