The Senior Financial Analyst will be a key member of the Sales and Margin Finance team dedicated to providing analytical support and business insights for two ecommerce business units within Staples, generated $2B+ revenue annually. You will rely on your previous education, experience, system skill set and team to analyze business trends, create budgets, and evaluate performance relative to planned expectations.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will need to be a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to establish strong working relationships with peers and leaders that result in open, active lines of communication. The successful candidate will take a pro-active approach to interpreting business results and subsequently, share those findings with the goal of influencing and driving business behavior.
Support two ecommerce business units within Staples.
- Model and forecast customer Rewards expense: track earnership, payouts, redemption rates and redemption cadence across customer tiers
- Partner with analytics team to understand and forecast sales and margin based on customer segmentation, traffic sources and conversion, and other frameworks
- Collaborate with fixed marketing team to analyze readouts on returns of their paid marketing spend and optimize investment across fixed marketing, variable marketing, and pricing options
- Report on actual sales and margin results vs forecasts and budgets and provide insights and analyses on variances
- Prepare and analyze daily/weekly/monthly sales and margin reporting for HiTouch ecommerce (Pillar 3) business at a product category level and e-marketplace level
- Communicate financial results versus budget to business unit leadership and provide insights
- Report and track Pillar 3 sales growth initiative performance versus budgeted expectations and partner with IT team to update forecasts based on initiative timelines
- Lead data innovation and automation of category performance and e-marketplace level reporting and analysis
- Demonstrated advanced financial analysis through ability to analyze monthly results, use of forecasting/budgeting principles, and providing ad-hoc analytics throughout various roles
- Shown ability to use customer insights to drive and guide development of analysis
- Proven ability to automate financial reports across multiple systems by combining data from disparate sources
- Adept at developing trusted relationships and has demonstrated effective collaboration with business partners across diverse areas of the organization
- Ability to anticipate the needs of business unit leadership in advance and can provide recommendations and solutions to solve problems
- Can balance the interests of multiple stakeholders with minimal guidance and can prioritize by level of importance
- Thrives in a constantly changing environment and has the ability to think outside the box
- 3-5 years of financial planning & analysis experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase preferred
Staples is The Worklife Fulfillment Company, helping businesses of all sizes be more productive, connected and inspired. With dedicated account teams, category professionals, innovative brands and a curated product assortment for business, Staples provides customized solutions to help organizations achieve their goals. Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits!
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.