Full Job Description
Job: Institutional Banking
Primary Location: Europe & Americas-United States-New York
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 25/Aug/2021, 2:32:44 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Responsible for the front-to-end BCA (Business Credit Analysis) process of assigned accounts as primary analyst by performing independent, forward looking credit analysis of current and prospective clients and act as a secondary analyst as needed.
- Conduct thorough analysis of financial statements and assessment of credit requests, including new requests, changed requests, refinancing and annual due diligence
- Prepare comprehensive credit analysis reports and provide rating and limits recommendation based on the analysis
- Plan and conduct the overall credit process and proactive monitoring of credit events for assigned accounts
- Keep up to date with industry news/events and possible impacts on the assigned accounts.
- Financial analysis of customers using credit skills; ratio analysis; evaluation of security and collateral; evaluation of parent support policies; judgment of management and strategy.
- Evaluation and understanding of risk associated with individual transactions, products, borrowers and counterparties.
- Ensure compliance of all internal and regulatory credit/other portfolio related policies in conjunction with GAM (Global Account Manager)
- Monitor Risk Triggers, Covenants and other credit conditions and ad hoc credit reports appropriately – preparing reports, escalation, and take actions, as per policy/procedure. Monitor, in conjunction with Funds Risk, ISDA NAV triggers and track the evolution of client performance and risk profiles over time.
- Ensure Zero BCA over dues and work to minimize extensions.
- Ensure compliance of all internal and regulatory credit/other portfolio related policies in conjunction with GAM
- Contribute to the excess report process, including, but not limited to proposing limit increases or reducing exposures and promptly addressing queries.
- Participate regularly in account planning sessions to ensure familiarity with customer business.
- Visit/meet customers to conduct credit due diligence of existing customers with credit lines as part of the annual credit review process. Conduct enhanced credit due diligence in order to achieve clear understanding of credit risks associated with new transactions. Prepare call reports on credit/risk related discussion
- Contribute to the structuring of transactions in coordination with other stakeholders (e.g., legal, Financial Markets, Structured Finance, Funds Risk) including the corresponding RWA calculations.
- Propose and assist with negotiation of credit terms for ISDA/CSA agreements through preparation of Credit Term Sheets (CTS).
- Cultivate and maintain close relationships with stakeholders in Funds Risk, Legal, and Middle Office.
- Conduct periodic portfolio reviews of assigned segment to assess creditworthiness and initiate ad hoc reviews for clients subject to adverse news or vulnerable to specific economic, market or regulatory events.
- Proactively monitoring market data and risk triggers across the assigned portfolio.
- Take personal responsibility for complex transactions or complex relationships with assigned names.
- Contribute to Stress Tests requests
- Perform ad-hoc projects, as needed
Responsible for the Credit Analysis process for Hedge Funds and PE Funds clients
People and Talent
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in Financial Markets globally
- Build strong and cooperative working relationship with other stakeholders in the bank.
- Contribute to continuous process improvement and sharing best practice
- Abide by the Bank’s RM Framework
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- GAMs, FAMs
- Risk, CRC
- MDU, Legal and Compliance, where relevant
- Product partners
- FCC, where relevant
- Clients (Existing and potential new clients)
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Strong understanding on hedge fund and private equity fund strategies and embedded risks associated with their investments and operations.
- Proven history of performing financial statement analysis and conducting hedge fund / PE fund credit due diligence reviews.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience gained as a credit/equity analyst, including minimum of 2 years covering hedge fund and/or private equity fund.
- Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in Finance, Accounting and other related fields. Advanced Certification is a plus (MBA/CFA).
- Ability to effectively manage competing deadlines for projects in a dynamic work environment, with varying degrees of supervision
- Strong attention to detail and ability to notice discrepancies in data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to work across cultures and within a dynamic environment.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.