The Customer Success Business Operations Manager is a very important role in the Splunk Customer Success Strategy and Operations organization. You will be part of a team chartered to drive a centralized operating motion across all Customer Success functions (CS Sales, Professional Services, CSM/Renewals, Support, and Education), and responsible for improving the scalability of our Global Customer Success Team. This role is highly visible within CS, as your interactions will touch key leaders of all CS functions.
- Understand the key business/transformational processes of the functions, and their associated performance metrics- Assist the functional leaders with new metrics, better understanding of the performance, and using data to make decisions.
- Work with the BI and Data Analytics teams to bring key, data driven metric dashboards to the functions, and customer insights in the Adopt to Renew cycle.
- Drive cross-functional processes around defining, prioritizing, tracking action plans, and monitoring important metrics for CS.
- Help manage the CS Centralized Ops operating cadence to ensure leadership meetings and other structures are appropriate and facilitate effective and timely communication.
- Actively participate in crafting and delivering key operational updates for CS leadership, executive leadership team, cross functional teams, and external audiences.
- Review CS central operations processes and policies to help enhance workflow and develop a stronger operating model.
- Collaborate with CS operations leaders to drive effective cross-functional and cross-collaboration alignment to deliver CS-wide outcomes (eg Cost to serve coverage models, customer segmentation modeling and scale, CS Bookings pacing and trends).
- Collaborate with the key partners to the CS Ops team (i.e IT/Biz Apps, HR, Comms, GTM, GBO, Finance, etc) to drive effective collaboration and delivery of work.
Nice To Have:
- Dedicated and relentless project leadership and execution. Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources and delivering results in complicated situations. You are known as the person who “gets stuff done.”
- Structured thinker. Develop and use frameworks to help structure the team’s thinking, facilitate alignment on key strategic decisions among various partners and identify the 80/20 opportunities to reach insightful, measurable answers without boiling the ocean with analysis overload.
- Technology and Process Design. You are equally comfortable solving problems through technology as you are through operational excellence, and know when to employ the right tactic.
- Great communicator. You connect easily with our culture and understand how our operations work, and you can influence a team and individuals to drive to conclusions in a heavily matrixed environment.
- Fast Mover and flexible. We move fast…done is better than perfect, and continual iteration is important. You are ready and excited to learn on your feet and help build a growing business.
- High-energy, positive standout colleague. This is a highly cross-functional role; egos are not welcome.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. MBA/Consulting experience preferred.
- 5+ years operating in a SaaS oriented Customer Success function (as outlined above), sales/business operations, product management or project management.
- Top-notch communication and presentation skills, including experience communicating insights through data with senior-level executives.
- Self-starter and ability to own projects from initial question development to rollout.
- Experience in planning, organizing, delivering business reviews, business improvements, process optimization, operational excellence, performance scorecards, critical metrics.
- Outstanding problem-solving, strategic, and analytical skills combined with excellent eye for business.
- Ability to build effective relationships, listen, communicate, influence, and collaborate cross-team at all organizational levels to deliver result.
- Relevant, progressive work experience applying analytical methods to business problems, driving improved decision-making and outcomes.
- Strong organizational skills, excellent execution, and follow-through skills.
- Ability to adapt and change with the needs of the organization and business.
- Subject matter expertise in CS tools: Salesforce, Gainsight, G-Suite, Tableau, other SaaS tools.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.