Handles accounting, financial analysis and reporting, and budgeting for corporate office as well as consolidation of plant locations. Ensures all activities are completed in accordance with generally-accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and income tax law provisions. Demonstrates Spartan’s core operating values through work activities, actions and behaviors.
1. Prepares the monthly reporting package for management, executive leaders and board members. Package includes financial results, key performance metrics and other key information.
2. Participates in the monthly and year-end closing process, primarily for the Corporate location but including the consolidation process.
3. Develops quarterly forecasts, including 13 week cash projections and variance analysis. In addition, coordinates annual budget process.
4. Prepares and analyzes various standard reports such as Profitability by Customer and Profit reports.
5. Researches and resolves general accounting problems and handles requests for accounting information, ensuring accurate and prompt responses.
6. Performs ad hoc financial analysis varying in complexity as requested by management.
7. Contributes to and supports the existence of a positive work environment through personal involvement by communicating, interacting and behaving in a manner that promotes productive relationships with coworkers, supervisors, customers, vendors and others with whom such relationships are important to the success of company operations.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent and 5+ years accounting experience
Preferred: MBA/CPA License or Public Accounting experience is a plus
Manufacturing or cost accounting experience