Full Job Description
A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is one of North America’s largest wire and cable producers. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our determination to developing innovative systems and solutions, exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of our communities. How will you power what’s possible?
Location: Carrollton Headquarters
Southwire Job Description
The Senior Financial Analyst requires extensive problem-solving experience to gather requirements and develop reporting solutions key to the design and delivery of high-impact business analytics that include (but are not limited to) complex reports, dashboards and data mining, data collection and analysis documentation, and report-out activities. Strong communication skills are required to provide and interpret the flow of information to operations leadership, this role will be instrumental in providing visibility and analysis required to support continued improvement in a dynamic business.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Corporate departmental senior management to understand variances and provide explanations to executive team. Research, analyze and help explain variances.
- Prepare, review, and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual actual-to-budget/forecast variance analysis reports.
- Utilize analytical capabilities to mine areas of the business and drive behavior that has the highest possible impact on the company’s bottom line.
- Provide timely, insightful, and relevant analysis of consolidated financial results on a periodic and ad hoc basis.
- Prepare, review, and analyze Board of Directors, Monthly Business Review, and Monthly Forecast management presentations.
- Understand the use and application of Business Planning & Consolidation (BPC) and SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- Assist with coordination of the annual budget process and periodic forecasting. Prepare, analyze, and consolidate financial projections.
- Complete monthly account reconciliations
- Complete month end tasks including preparing journal entries
- Involvement in special projects as required for process improvement and drive cost down across the organization.
- Assist, as needed, with other projects, processes or tasks as assigned by the Director and/or VP of Finance.
- Capable of working in a timeline driven environment while providing accurate information.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or another analytical discipline required. CFA, MBA a plus.
- 3-5 years’ experience and solid understanding of financial measurement concepts and practices.
- Strong analytical and computer skills required. Excel super user with ability to manage large amounts of data. High level proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications.
- A high degree of knowledge of Southwire financial systems a plus. Experience and comfort working with financial systems required.
- Experience using SAP, BPC and reporting from a data warehouse required.
- Highly motivated, results-driven self-starter with good organizational skills, keen focus on details, proven ability to meet tight deadlines and to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of personnel across various functions.
- Flexibility to work extended hours as required to meet deadlines.
Plans and Aligns
Benefits We Offer:
- 401k with Matching
- Family and Individual Insurance Packages (Health, Life, Dental, and Vision)
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Long & Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Advancement & Professional Growth opportunities
- Parental Leave
- & More
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.