PRIMARY PURPOSE: To ensure accurate and valid analysis of the financial impact of various business decisions with primary focus on the area of capital investments including new developments, renovations, expansions, and acquisitions.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
Development Related Tasks
- Prepare development budgets, project pro forma income, and estimate rate of return for new developments, renovations/expansions, or big box additions requiring capital investment ranging from $0 to well over $100 million.
- Interact on a regular basis with developers, leasing representatives, and construction managers to resolve development issues.
- Assist in decision-making process by evaluating financial impact of development alternatives.
- Review and assess effectiveness of development activity including monitoring process toward achieving projected pro forma income levels.
Acquisition/Disposition Related Tasks:
- Evaluate property or portfolio acquisition candidates and analyze historical and projected cash flows, key operating statistics, and investment yields.
- Interact with broker and/or seller to further understand acquisition candidate, its financial statements, and identify/resolve issues.
- Provide analysis of acquisition candidate to senior management for their consideration in determining bid strategy.
- Prepare analysis of potential sale of SPG assets and assist brokers in preparation of sales packages when needed.
- Assist buyers in completing their due diligence review of disposition assets.
- Provide analytical support to leasing to assist in negotiating lease settlements, multiple lease deals with national tenants, or other special situations.
- Prepare cash flow projections and other financial information for consideration of prospective equity partners and/or lenders.
- Work with partners and/or lenders or their appraisers to answer all questions and assist them in their valuation of SPG assets.
- Prepare special analysis for senior executives or Board of Directors as needed.
- B.S. Degree in Finance, Business, or Accounting; MBA, CPA, or other relevant professional designation (e.g. CCIM) a plus
- 3 to 5 years relevant work experience
- Strong analytical background including knowledge of financial analysis techniques such as net present value, internal rate of return, etc.
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word and ability to learn real estate cash flow modeling software such as Argus and/or Dynalease
- Ability to interact effectively with personnel at all levels and from all departments within the company
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work extended hours as needed