The Supplier Program Manager will lead a team of direct reports, indirect reports and any matrixed personnel. The SPM is responsible for total supplier performance, total materials budget, and all subcontracts, agreements and orders on given major programs or portions of programs as well establishing comprehensive material business plans, forecasts and strategies. The SPM will have a team of direct reports to lead and manage in facilitation of the positions responsibilities. The SPM and his/her team will ensure timely and accurate completion of all cost, schedule, technical, legal and contractual efforts defined in the agreements between each supplier and SNC and/or its subsidiaries.
At SNC’s ISR, Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for high-performance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and aviation systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission. Learn more about IAS
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Leading a team in managing and facilitating suppliers program execution and identifying, mitigating and resolving risks/issues as well as facilitating supplier performance in a supplier management team environment.
- Leading supplier portion of program execution with special focus on maximizing profit generation, costs savings, sales goal achievement and new business wins where suppliers are critical probability of a win.
- Developing, maintaining & reporting of supplier portion of aircraft/product cost model that includes Non-Recurring Engineering, Prototypes, Qualification, Certification, Production & Sustainment costs
- Partnering with the Program Office, Engineering, Operations and Business Management in developing/establishing a program material budget & schedule and then execute within that plan. Within constructs of the execution plan, lead a team in managing and facilitating all relevant supplier’s program execution and identifying, mitigating and resolving risks/issues to ensure all work products meet cost, schedule and technical requirements.
- Leading a team in providing proposal support to SNC proposal team to ensure supplier inputs and supplier proposals line up with objectives of SNC proposals to the customers.
- Leading a team in development, maintenance and updates of supplier requirements including subcontract structure, specifications, interface control documents, software requirement documents, test plans/procedures, quality requirements, Statements of Work (SOWs), terms and conditions, payment terms, milestone payment plans, data and hardware deliverable requirements, and project/deliverable schedules.
- Leading a team in managing, storing and evaluating all data deliverables for compliance/completeness and leading approval of these data deliverables in coordination with operations, engineering, quality and the program office
- Leading a team in analyzing critical cost, technical and schedule aspects of proposals paying special attention to price and any exceptions to terms, the SOW, the Spec or any other key requirements: then establish negotiation targets with PM and engineering teams with prioritized list of cost, schedule and technical requirements to trade to meet targets.
- Leading a team in evaluating supplier performance regularly using methods such as site visits, program reviews, various objective performance measurements, milestone achievement criteria, project schedule tracking, earned value tracking, risk burn down tracking, specification/SOW TBD/TBR tracking and other methods as needed.
- Determining, establishing and maintaining routine reporting requirements for relevant performance metrics.
- Developing and maintaining key chart deck of supplier management plans with regular status reporting of progress against the plan to program and corporate leadership teams.
- Leading a team in placing, administering, issuing change orders and closing out subcontracts in addition to supporting audits.
- Leading a team to respond to changing needs of operations, engineering and business management within the program plan and to negotiate adjustments in supplier plans and delivery dates to ensure suppliers do not negatively impact operations build plans, engineering development plans and key business management financial objectives.
- Driving forward best possible supplier outcomes from operations and quality management led Failure Review Boards and vendor returns
- Ensuring compliance with applicable policies/procedures/processes/instructions pertaining to an affiliated company being serviced under a Service Level Agreement (SLA) as well as any SNC specific policies/procedures/instructions required for employment and company performance
- Applying expertise/analysis/negotiation in FFP, T&M, IDIQ, BOA, multi-year pricing agreements, strategic agreements and other agreement/proposal types.
- Lead team to analyze and address and assist in any invoice discrepancies, accounts payable issues or company cash flow challenges associated with supplier payments.
- Ensure team maintains accurate subcontract files and accurate data is maintained in ERP/MRP system of record
- Responsible for timely execution of all direct report personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Responsible for team leadership oversight and for ensuring team training
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from an accredited University or College
- 5+ years experience in efforts similar to those outlined above including program management, engineering management, operations management, technical management, project management, subcontracts and/or contracts management, supply chain management & business management
- Experience in managing large foreign suppliers’ supply chain or technical development efforts preferred
- MBA or technical/business related master’s degree combined with technical or operations related undergraduate degree
- Experience working in aircraft, aerospace, electronics, software and/or other high tech industries
- Direct experience working with foreign commercial suppliers to meet US Government FAR/TCPD requirements
- Experience in multiple phases of product cycle to include prototyping, development, qualification, certification, LRIP (Low Rate Initial Production), FRP (Full Rate Production) and Sustainment
- Experience in Design to Target Cost product development programs
- Experience with Risk and Opportunity Management, EVMS, Material Sale Forecasts, ERP/MRP, Gate Review
- Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities as stated in SNC’s Responsibility Matrix.
- In addition to English, fluency in multiple languages such as Spanish or Portuguese
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.