Our Sales team at SES
The satellite telecommunication market is living in an age of great technology disruption (very high throughput satellites, NGSOs etc.) and new key markets including aviation (both civil and government), cruise and universal broadband represent an enormous growth opportunity for SES. This is where we want the new SES sales talent to be.
The SES sales team develops and maintains customer intimacy as well as strong and long-standing customer relationships. The sales team works to find and adopt new business models, forge new business ventures with customer partners and ultimately drive multi-functional internal teams to make the deal happen. The essence of the SES sales DNA is “do what it takes, until it’s done”.
- Someone with an international profile, speaking multiple languages and interested in a sales career in a global organization?
- Someone with stellar networking skills, an entrepreneurial DNA, ready to embrace the “Until it’s done” SES sales culture?
- An engineer/MBA/MSc holder with between two and five years relevant work experience?
Want to become an ‘SESer’? Then read the full job description’ to find out more.
How our Sales People take our customers stories anywhere
As a member of the Sales Associate Program you will perform three six-months rotations in one of our main offices (Washington, Betzdorf, The Hague or Singapore) in areas like sales engineering, fleet and or asset management, commercial operations and sales (by shadowing one of our sales leaders).
You will go through an extensive learning and development curriculum including both internal and external trainings and get comfortable with:
- Basics of satellite communications
- Fleet and asset management essentials
- Finance and investment cases
- Public speaking
- Value proposition
- Strategic and conceptual selling
- Proposal writing
At the end of the 18 months program you are expected to become an effective salesperson ready to join the SES sales team and negotiate multi-million-dollar deals contributing to the growth of SES.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for brilliant and resilient individuals with an inspiring and rich life story and a strong interest in sales and negotiation. The candidates must be very motivated to perform the Sales Associate Program at the highest standard of excellence to then become part of the SES’s sales force.
Given the nature of the role we feel it’s important for you to understand your own added value and make yourself heard. All this is making us actively search for the following:
- Relevant Master’s degree (a technical/engineering background/qualification is strongly recommended)
- Practical problem resolution, judgement and decision-making skills
- Ability to translate complex challenges into pragmatic solutions
- Relationship building – ability to liaise and influence across all levels and facilitate efforts to improve the customer experience
- Excellent interpersonal management, listening, presentation and communication skills (English – additional languages are advantageous)
- Fluency in multiple languages
- Experience working in a high-tech and/or international environment preferred
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to be prepared to join a sales role at early in your career
- Compelling learning and development curriculum including internal and external trainings
- Direct mentorship from SES’s sales leaders
- High visibility and exposure at the SES management level
- Flexible working policy
- Bonus and equity plans
- Excellent healthcare coverage
- Competitive annual leave policy
- Range of wellness activities and confidential assistance, depending on location