Responsible for performing analyses and reports for department management under direct supervision. May be assigned analysis in support of organization’s annual budget process, expense/service fee/staffing forecasts, or statistical reporting to include financial performance, variance explanations and cost analysis. Assists in other financial research projects and analyses of operational results.
- Assists with monthly financial presentations and analysis
- Assists in the maintenance and reporting of operational metrics
- Provides analytical support for corporate functions and operations
- Manages forecasting to include detailed department level review of future cost trends
- Assists CFO, Controller’s office and business unit as requested with the completion of monthly and quarterly forecast, annual budget and any associated analysis
- Identifies trends and makes recommendations to provide revenue enhancement, cost savings and profit improvement
- Creates weekly, monthly sales reports
- Collects, analyzes, evaluates, and reports data in order to increase sales productivity
- Assists in publisher revenue forecast
- Assists in monthly revenue variance analysis
- Assists in preparation of monthly financials & financial close package
- Assists in preparation of monthly forecasts, annual budget & board presentation packages
- Completes Ad hoc reports/analysis as necessary
- BS/BA in related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Generally 0-2 years of experience in the accounting profession.
- MS/MA/MBA preferred.
- CPA/CFA license preferred.
- Good grasp of professional principles and skills.
- Knows and effectively uses fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
- Computer proficiency with Office and Access.
- Experience with JDE.
- Experience with Cognos preferred.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
- Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
- Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
Incumbent is required to have :
- Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm’s reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.
Incumbent will be subject to :
- Inside working conditions: The change of building environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.
ServiceMaster companies are proud to be EOE.