Who we are
Our Mission is to inspire authentic and meaningful connections.
Selina was born out of a desire to celebrate the nomadic lifestyle: to experience our planet’s most beautiful places, to build community, to engage with locals and fellow travelers, to work and enjoy new adventures.
What the role is
The Global Finance Analyst will help with the works in collaboration with the Global Finance and Ops Team. This position will report directly to the Director of Corporate Finance and will help to keep updated the developments and initiatives for the team agenda under its responsibility.
What you will be doing
- Assists with forecasts and analyzes trends in sales, finance, and other areas of Operations and business.
- Participates on monthly/quarterly Operations performance reviews and presentation preparation.
- Creates financial scenarios for future business and Ops planning decisions.
- Assists budgets and critical reports for all aspects of OPS decision making.
- Analyzes budgets, profits, and loss income statements and reports.
- Studies and researches economic trends and progressions to assist Operations in their decision making processes.
- Assist Director of Corporate Finance and VP of Finance Operations with a worldwide team of finance employees.
- Modeling and analysis to determine strategy and tactical responses to emerging business issues in order to maintain or improve profit target/delivery
- Develops and prepares financial and operational performance measurement and key indicator reports for incorporation into weekly and monthly operations package
- Assist and support the Director of Corporate Finance with the preparation and presentation of results at monthly finance Operations reviews
- Lead in identifying, recommending and implementing cost reduction opportunities and other process improvements regarding the facility
- Analyze company and product profitability and work with plant leadership to improve performance
- Collaborate with the Purchasing and Accounting department to ensure that the site adheres to procurement to pay policies
- Responsible for daily production and related reporting for the facility
- Perform analysis of excess & obsolete inventories on a monthly basis in accordance with established Corporate practices
- Support any audits conducted by the external audit firm at the request of Corporate Controller
- Support the monthly close process with respect to the facility as needed
- Must understand and ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Company policies and procedures
- Maintain the integrity of the accounting system and financial data through reviews of controls and procedures throughout the facility. Responsible for understanding how transactions from all areas affect the financial statements.
- Responsible for normal business operations, compliance, reporting and correspondence with federal government (IRS, Commerce Department, Labor department, etc.) and property, payroll and sales tax compliance requirements from state, county and city agencies
What you need for the role
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of business experience in hotel accounting and/or finance planning and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in business / hotel management. MBA preferred
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experienced with budgeting tools
- Must have strong work ethics
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Must be able to follow standard filing procedures
- Detail-oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to speak and write English fluently. Spanish is not mandatory but preferred
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division quickly and accurately
What can you expect
- No dress code
- Pet-friendly (as long as your pet is friendly)
- Multiple online training opportunities
- Cultural events and wellness activities at Locations. Volunteering with Selina Gives Back; because sharing is caring
- Huge Selina experience discounts on your stay, food & fun for you AND your friends & family (you can expect to become even more popular among your friends)
- Have your birthday off
- Amazing referral program with cash and global holiday packages; we know you hang out with other great people
- Extra country-specific benefits; we can tell you more during the application process
- Competitive salary
- Performance bonus