Engineer, Innovation & Development
Date: May 26, 2020
Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Sealed Air is in business to protect, to solve critical packaging challenges and to leave our world better than we found it. Our portfolio of leading packaging solutions includes CRYOVAC® brand food packaging, SEALED AIR® brand protective packaging and BUBBLE WRAP® brand packaging, which collectively enable a safer, more efficient food supply chain and protect valuable goods shipped around the world. Sealed Air generated $4.8 billion in sales in 2019 and has approximately 16,500 employees who serve customers in 124 countries. To learn more, visit www.sealedair.com.
Sealed Air Corporation (US) is seeking a skilled engineer for our Charlotte, North Carolina location to join a very dynamic team of experts focused on the front-end-of-innovation, technology scouting, sustainability and growth. The position will be responsible for planning and executing innovation exploratory and development projects surrounding two primary areas – sustainability and growth. Project planning will involve gathering the voice of the customer, outlining customer pain points in the packaging value chain, generating business cases and early innovation stage prototypes. This individual will need to be able to communicate and interface effectively with internal and external personnel both domestically and internationally and have a high level of interface with the Marketing, Business Development and with Sealed Air’s customers. The engineer needs to be comfortable and capable to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences. We are seeking a highly skilled engineer with a diverse skill set, curious about new technologies and new growth areas and able to understand and adapt quickly to changes in industry needs.
- Execution of prototypes and proof-of-concept at the Front-End-of-Innovation (FEI)
- Design and scaleup of new products
- Management of projects to drive to meet project deadlines.
- Scout for innovative and disruptive relevant technologies
- Coordinate activities leading to Sealed Air’s Sustainability Goals
- College Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electromechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Two years of work experience (or advanced degree).
- 2 years of experience successfully leading and executing research and development projects
- Advanced problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Broad based technical skill set
- Exceptional technical and non-technical communication skill
- Masters or PhD degree or MBA
- Experience with customers and uncovering unmet needs of customer or industry
- Experience driving members of cross-functional teams to meet project goals
- Preferred work experience in one or more of the following areas:
o Food processing equipment
o Controls and systems engineering
o Software engineering
o Machine learning
o Composite materials or advanced materials
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Knowledge of engineering PLM/PDM
- Design for Six Sigma certification preferred
• Experience in a manufacturing environment • Lean methodologies
- Able to travel domestic and international about 15%
Requisition id: 29100
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. Sealed Air participates in the E-Verify Program (US sites only).