Requisition ID: 91837
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
In this role as an Associate within U.S. Power & Utilities sector, you will be focused on execution oversight and mentorship of junior resources pertaining to investment banking work, including Mergers & Acquisitions. In addition, you will include support and assistance on the origination side and lead a lot of the execution from a junior angle.
Is this role right for you?
- Provide general analytical execution leadership and support, specifically in respect of M&A assignments
- Create financial valuation models to assess earnings, dividend and credit impacts of deal structures
- Draft transaction correspondence, manage deal processes and assemble marketing materials for senior bankers
- Market and financial analysis including market comparisons, pro forma financial modeling and valuation
- Assistance with the preparation of all elements of client presentations
- Assistance with preparation of all internal market information dissemination materials including periodic and ad hoc updates on market and client activity
- Assistance with various internal projects to support the investigation and development/enhancement of new business initiatives
- Assistance with the execution of new issue transactions including the development of internal memoranda, liaising/presenting to internal committees and working with external transaction partners (ie. other banks, legal counsel, accountants)
- Liaising with other departments of Scotiabank, including Corporate Banking, Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets and Global Trading
- Presenting to Scotiabank’s corporate clients
Do you have the skills you need to succeed? We’d love to work with you, if you have:
- 3 – 4 years of M&A experience
- A broad understanding of the US Power & Utilities industry sector
- Relevant educational background (MBA, Finance, Econ, etc.)
- A proven record of outstanding achievement in academic and extracurricular activities
- A clearly defined interest in Investment Banking
- Your Series 63 and 79 licenses (preferred as candidates will be required to obtain both licenses within a year of joining)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present to Scotiabank’s clients, both in a team presentation and ultimately on a solo basis
- Strong quantitative skills focused on financial analysis, accounting and financial theory
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a high standard of work
- The ability to manage and review the work of others
- The ability to excel under pressure amid demanding deadlines
- The ability to perform effectively in a team environment
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and their differences and similarities are embraced. Learn more here.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.