Requisition ID: 96659
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Analyst, US Financial Sponsors & Fund Finance
Location: New York, New York
- Responsible for the credit execution and ongoing management of a portfolio of financial sponsors & fund finance and financial institution clients
- Track and monitor the Financial Sponsors & Fund Finance and Financial Institutions portfolios across various metrics
- Manage and prepare reports for the head of the business and senior management
- Analyze and perform due diligence on transactions that vary in complexity
- Develop recommendations for the appropriate course of action and prepare credit submissions for adjudication by Global Risk Management
- Complete periodical customer reviews, amendment requests and review legal documentation
- Ensures all Bank guidelines are followed as it relates to administration of the portfolio of accounts
- Track client and portfolio activity utilizing salesforce and other internal systems
- Prepare and compile various reports for senior management on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis. Reporting includes credit facility return metrics, relationship return metrics, risk limits, and annual budgeting and tracking
- Provide assistance with the preparation of marketing materials, industry papers, business proposals, and ad-hoc updates on an ongoing basis
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk
- Assists with client relationship management by efficiently addressing client requirements and contributing to cross sell activities (i.e. running Client Profitability Models)
- Assist with client planning and development, including meeting preparation, follow-up, and tracking
- Maintains a professional approach with all client interactions
- Demonstrates strong business acumen
- Establishes and maintains an effective network of internal and external contacts
- Good understanding of the US financial institutions industry
- Basic knowledge of credit and legal documentation frameworks
- Flexible to demands of work and viewed as a valuable team resource – extended hours are required on a regular basis
- Promotes cooperation, teamwork, and professional internal and external relationships
- Engage with Financial Institutions and Financial Sponsors teams across geographies, including the US, Canada and Europe
- Demonstrates a strong personal commitment to individual development
- Strong time management skills and driven to achieve set timelines and goals
- Openness and ability to learn new concepts and processes and expand knowledge base
- Manage reporting in a timely manner with less direct oversight from supervisors
- Ability to maintain a detail oriented approach, multi-task and prioritize workload is essential
- Exhibits self-motivation and is driven to achieve greater results
Leadership and Development:
- Demonstrate leadership qualities, and strategic thinking skills.
- Contribute to a team environment that (i) is focused on the Bank’s strategic priorities, (ii) is entrepreneurial in nature, and (iii) has independent/diverse views.
- Foster and personify a culture of inclusion and diversity that is aligned with the banks strategic focus on the initiative.
- Follows internal compliance practices and acts ethically at all times
Basic knowledge of lending facilities and other financial products/services, including: Capital Markets, Investment Banking, Foreign Exchange, Derivatives, and Global Transaction Banking
- 1-3 years of professional work experience.
- Strong credit, structuring, and financial analysis skills
- Knowledge of Capital Markets products
- Self-motivated, results focused, team player with strong learning ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous banking or credit analysis experience preferred
- Strong organization skills
- MBA, CFA or CPA designation preferred
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access)
Application & Selection Process:
How to apply:
Candidates are invited to submit a resume prior to the deadline for submissions. Please note that in order to be eligible for this position your application must be submitted to the Scotiabank Career Portal.
We thank all candidates; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
Location(s): United States : California : San Francisco || United States : Florida : Miami || United States : Illinois : Chicago || United States : Louisiana : New Orleans || United States : Massachusetts : Boston || United States : New York : New York City || United States : Texas : Houston
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.