International technology group • specialty glasses and glass-ceramics • more than 130 years experience • more than 16,000 employees in 34 countries • innovative ideas for the world of tomorrow
What’s your next milestone?
New Business Development Manager
SCHOTT is a leading international technology group in the areas of specialty glass and glass-ceramics. The company has more than 130 years of outstanding development, materials and technology expertise and offers a broad portfolio of high-quality products and intelligent solutions. SCHOTT is an innovative enabler for many industries, including the home appliance, pharma, electronics, optics, life sciences, automotive and aviation industries. SCHOTT strives to play an important part of everyone’s life and is committed to innovation and sustainable success. The parent company, SCHOTT AG, has its headquarters in Mainz (Germany) and is solely owned by the Carl Zeiss Foundation. As a foundation company, SCHOTT assumes special responsibility for its employees, society and the environment.
SCHOTT is seeking an individual who possesses a passion for the intersection of technology, product development, strategy and business; an understanding of technology and its various applications in products; the ability to develop and leverage networks; demonstrable leadership skills; a hunger for discovering new ideas and a real-world intelligence that combines existing concepts with the unknown and a limitless curiousity. Formal education/training and experience are only a small part of the composition of a successful candidate. As a New Business Development Manager, this positions reports directly to the Director of Research and Development – North America. As a member of the New Venture team, they will use their unique skill-set to accelerate the growth of SCHOTT – with particular focus on the United States and the North American region. They will work across SCHOTT Business Units and Corporate Functions to identify, investigate, develop, test, and scale high-impact business opportunities . Major duties include:
New Business Development
- Think big and inspire those around you to pursh beyond today’s limits of possibility to develop the new markets and products of the future
- Resolve ambiguity of new technology by embedding yourself within new markets analyzing technology trends and making recommendations which trends to act upon
- Identify, investigate, develop and test new, high-impact business opportunities in emerging fields that are adjacent to current SCHOTT platform technologies
- Network among the most innovative parterns in high potential fields to influence and educate external gate keepers and decision makers about the apabilities and advancements at SCHOTT
- Lead cross-fuctional global teams, plan and manage resources to test (concept to launch) new, high-impact business opportunities
- Communicate effectively and regularly through compelling buisiness proposals to internal decision makers
- Contribute to the IP strategy and the development of IP
- Maintain a thorough understanding of traditional competitors, non-traditional market threats and emergeing start-ups to enable a winning position for SCHOTT
Realization to Scale
- Collobrate and cooperate with existing business architectures or lead the establishment of new business architectures to capture and realize, high impact buiness opportunities
- Develop the initial customer protfolio, business plan and product launch streategy
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree, required; Advanced Degree (e.g., MS, MBA, PhD), preferred
- 5+years required experience in new business developoment, new venture or emerging technology scouting role
Motivated and committed employees are essential to the success of our company. At SCHOTT, you will find a cooperative and dynamic work environment which encourages you to share your innovative ideas, support your development and celebrates achieving successes with your team
You can expect interesting tasks and challenging projects, as well as motivated and friendly teams in fields that influence our future. Do you want to be successful with us? Then, apply, today!
SCHOTT North America, Inc. and SCHOTT Gemtron Corporation are both Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
SCHOTT’s inclusion philosophy promotes equal employment opportunity throughout the organization. Any form of unlawful employee harassment is prohibited. SCHOTT endeavors to make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our careers website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Any inquiries regarding employment application status, resume submittal, open positions and any other general inquiries will not receive a response