Full Job Description
The Financial Advisor is an entry level advisory role which is responsible for servicing and managing existing client relationships as a co-advisor, formulating and implementing planning advice and supported by the firm’s technical specialists. Advisors are also responsible for supporting the new business development efforts of senior advisors and developing their own new business development network.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for profitable delivery of our service models as defined in Savant Service and Segmentation Guidelines and according to the “The Savant Way”
- Assume co-advisory/service relationships with a number of existing clients.
- Take lead on routine and follow-up contact with clients
- Coordinate comprehensive financial planning process along with Planning Team from start-to-finish for new client updates, portfolio changes and reviews, and returns and new opportunity identification
- Convert $10-75k in annual revenue from multiple existing and/or prior client relationships, or new prospects to Savant, at typical Savant fee schedule
- Participate in new client relationship development, including management of current client contact and communications.
- Participate in planning meetings regarding new prospects/new clients
- Coordinate follow-up workflow on new clients
- Develop new clients through personal prospecting efforts, prior client relationships and development of referral sources and centers of influence at typical Savant fee schedule.
- Develop knowledge and familiarity with Savant’s IFP Roadmap Process and Investment Processes such that you can communicate and sell our services to prospective clients and centers of influence.
- Maintain team approach by assisting and filling in for others.
- Ability to prepare and present basic financial planning concepts to clients.
- Ability to build business development networks and begin acquiring new clients.
- Client first attitude. Strong customer service skills – is passionate about meeting the needs and requirements of clients.
- High attention to detail and accuracy. Diligent and timely follow-through on client tasks. Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; natural ability to build rapport with team members and clients; relates well to all kinds of people.
- Process oriented – consistently adheres to Savant’s internal processes.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Intellectually curious; continuously develops strong knowledge of wealth management.
- Understanding of and adherence to our investment philosophy, code of ethics and regulatory compliance.
- Composure and professionalism; highly professional and mature.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player. Desire to collaborate with others as part of a team.
- A relentless drive and ambition to improve. Possess a growth mindset. Eager to receive and accepting of feedback.
- Exhibits the company’s Core Values
The Financial Advisor I position typically requires the following qualifications:
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in an advisory support role, with demonstrated ability to develop and manage plans and manage client relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university; MBA (ideal)
- Certified Financial Planner™ certification preferred upon hire or attained within one year of date of hire
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, as well as financial planning and securities balancing software
- Financial planning/wealth management acumen, judgment and experience
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Client first attitude
- A team player, collaborative, able to work with and through others
Any combination of equivalent education and work experience will be considered.
Savant Capital, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer