Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services—from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance—with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
Quality – We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
Accountability – Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
Our People – We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
Our Clients – We deliver value and exceed our clients’ expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
Innovation – Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
Meaningful Impact – We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
As a Senior Engineer (Renewables Focus) in our Electric Grid Infrastructure Services business unit you will:
- Interact with renewable power plant developers during the execution of engineering and design project work.
- This position offers you the opportunity to work in a project team environment with other engineers and designers involved in the detailed electrical design and project management of utility-scale renewable energy projects.
- As a Renewable Focused Senior Engineer, you will take an active role in project conceptualization, work planning, and project execution.
- You will work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of electrical engineering issues related to renewable energy power plant designs.
- As an Renewable Focused Electrical Engineer, you will prepare reports that present technical and project information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements and S&L formats.
- Develop your career via peer-learning through sharing of knowledge with other experienced engineers by way of S&L’s systems of process and associated “Communities of Practice.”
- In addition, you may have the opportunity to travel to client sites as needed.
This role offers a hybrid work arrangement. You’ll spend three days a week in the office, giving you the flexibility to work remotely for two days. Dependent upon your location, this opportunity offers a generous relocation package.
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline. A Master’s degree in a business (e.g., MBA) or engineering discipline is a plus.
In order to qualify, it is essential that you have 5 or more years of experience in the renewable energy industry, including:
- Independent engineering experience for electrical collection system designs;
- Experience with multiple power generation technologies (i.e., thermal, renewables, etc.);
- Experience in electrical grid interconnections (i.e. single line design, permit application, compliance with electrical codes and utility standards, etc.);
- Experience with owner’s engineering activities during renewable energy project execution is a plus.
Also extremely important:
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Experience writing technical reports and proposals.
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to work with and guide others.
- Project planning and leadership skills.
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.