Santé is seeking to add a Finance Associate to our growing finance and operations team, supporting the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer, and Controller. This individual will be involved in all aspects of operational finance for the company.
Santé invests at the leading edge of innovation in Healthcare and Technology. We manage over a half-billion dollars of capital invested in two separate strategies. Santé Ventures invests in innovative, early-stage healthcare companies across the Biotech, Medtech, and Healthtech industries. Santé Capital leverages state-of-the-art machine learning in combination with proven investment expertise to produce attractive risk-adjusted returns in a systematic public equity strategy.
The role is based at our headquarters in downtown Austin, Texas.
This Finance Associate will join our close-knit team working closely with various stakeholders across our two strategies and will serve as an essential contributor to the firm’s finance and accounting operations. This position requires strong analytical, problem-solving skills, and impeccable attention to detail. This position presents a candidate with the opportunity to receive mentorship yet work independently in a loosely structured entrepreneurial environment.
The ideal candidate will exhibit intellectual curiosity paired with humility and have finance and accounting work experience, preferably with a public accounting and financial services background.
- Assisting with managing accounts payable processes including bill payment and updating vendor information, as well as maintaining documentation for accounts payable, purchasing, and treasury.
- Assisting with managing accounts receivable including invoicing portfolio companies.
- Responsible for contract tracking and internal asset tracking.
- Contributing to the development and review of annual operating plan and performance projections by assisting with preparing and monitoring budgets.
- Assisting with the preparation of revenue projections and forecasting expenditures.
- Preparing financial analyses and reports including variance analysis and performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, account reconciliations, and internal financial statements.
- Assisting with monthly and year-end close processes and annual tax compliance.
- Ad hoc research projects and responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with internal and external audits.
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP and assisting the Controller, CFO, and COO as needed.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business required.
- Minimum 2+ years of accounting and finance experience.
- Public Accounting and/or Financial Services Experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Pursuing or willing to pursue CPA or other credentials (MBA, etc.)
- Experience with Sage Intacct, Quickbooks, Bill.com, Slack, Expensify, and Microsoft Office