Pulled from the full job description
Paid time off
Employee stock ownership plan
Full Job Description
Sammons Financial Group Companies offers some of today’s most sought after life insurance, annuity, retirement planning products and portfolio-management solutions. Unlike most financial organizations, our companies are not publicly traded, which means we’re focused on long-term value rather than short-term earnings pressures. As a privately held company, our leaders and employees remain consistently focused on long-term growth, making decisions that allow us to deliver on our commitments to customers, distribution partners, our employees, and our communities. Individually, our companies provide value in the products and services they offer. Together we represent a history of strength and longevity.
What you can expect when you join Sammons Financial Group:
- A casual dress code including jeans
- A rich company culture driven by private ownership and intentional leadership inspiring employees to engage in our healthy, high-performing and values based culture
- Healthy balance between work and personal lives. Friday afternoons off all year long, competitive PTO and generous number of paid holidays
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, wellness plan, charitable giving programs, education assistance… to name a few
- ESOP-A generous 100% company funded retirement plan
What you can expect as the Financial Analyst – Capital Planning & Analysis
Prepare and perform financial and statistical analysis for business unit and management use. Partner with business units in providing financial expertise and analysis. Responsible for reporting, planning and forecasting of the organization’s capital and surplus. Focus on all statutory capital reporting, capital management and capital planning and analysis related to risk, capital adequacy and strategic compliance initiatives.
- Perform quarterly capital reporting and planning with multiple capital and rating agency models (NAIC Risk Based Capital, Bermuda Solvency Capital Requirement, AM Best, S&P, Fitch, ALIRT).
- Design complex models which illustrate various scenarios for investment accounting, corporate development and actuarial departments to use in making business decisions.
- Continuously review and improve internal capital models to deliver timely and insightful reporting and analysis.
- Participate in annual planning and forecasting process.
- Perform ongoing analysis by identifying and isolating primary drivers and effectively communicate the results with management and various internal stakeholders.
- Provide management with selected variance analysis of actual to expected results and provide recommendations.
- Prepare and perform financial analysis for management’s use including dashboard of key metrics.
- Prepare internal and external presentation materials with a high degree of accuracy to synthesize a vast universe of information into a concise and actionable presentation.
- Project, review and analyze financial implications of ongoing or anticipated projects.
- Monitor and assess the impact of any new regulatory or rating agency capital requirements and developments.
- Provide analysis and capital projections related to strategic opportunities such as mergers and acquisition.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships across departments and geographic locations. Partner with senior leaders, Investment Accounting, Corporate Development, Risk and Actuarial teams to develop assumptions, provide guidance, recommendations and assist in company-wide projects.
- Partner with other functional areas and provide financial expertise to various projects.
- Investigate and resolve complex problems, issues and queries while acting as a liaison with various internal teams and management.
- Maintain written procedural documentation for relevant tasks in support of required internal controls.
- Work load may occasionally demand additional work outside of the Company’s standard 40-hour work week.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics or Actuarial Science preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in financial analysis, accounting or related field preferred
- Completion or progress toward CPA, MBA, CFA or other related accreditation preferred
- Statutory accounting experience preferred
- Financial institution experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to take data from several sources and organize, validate and analyze the data
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required in order to work with and communicate with senior leaders
- High degree of professionalism with ability to work independently, prioritize multiple projects and effectively perform in a dynamic environment
- Collaborative team skills within and outside of department and the ability to work in a positive fashion toward common organizational goals
- Ability to adapt to change and learn quickly
- Good problem solving and quantitative skills required
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and willingness to learn other accounting/finance applications Ability to build and maintain complex financial models with a willingness to learn and continuously improve
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines
- Due to the financial nature and level of accountability of this position, a credit and criminal background check is required.