The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for supporting the management in a department. The Senior Financial Analyst will lead processes to include the development of planning, evaluation and assessment of corporate initiatives and analysis and proposal of strategic alternatives to enhance Ryder’s market position, provide actionable competitive analysis and insights to feed strategy development and facilitate tactical decision-making, periodic and ad hoc analysis and reporting, provide on-going business analysis to develop recommendations for alternative scenarios surrounding profit improvement and shareholder value creation.
- The financial and analytical support includes, but is not limited to: Management and development of key monthly reports, Manage and perform activities related to the monthly close process
- Develop forecasts and annual plan for the cost centers
- Provide financial and analytical support for projects requested by Senior Management
- Support FFM on monthly financial close process, to include: Prepare invoices, journal entries, account reconciliations, etc.
- Review of P and Ls to ensure appropriate accounting at the location level
- Analysis of monthly and YTD operations performance to explain budget, forecast and prior year variances
- Support the FFM in recurring financial reporting, including: Forecasting, Business Plan development, A/R collections, Work as a liaison between vendors and shared service center to resolve payables issues,
- Perform ad hoc analysis, metric reporting to include: Tracking of margin improvement initiatives, Completion of monthly operating scorecard, Analytical support for executive level presentations
Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
Advanced knowledge of financial concepts and principles such as operating margin, EBT, cash flow, balance sheet, cost of capital, depreciation, ROE, etc
Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
Detailed oriented with excellent follow-up practices
Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
Ability to present information and ideas clearly and understandably to others
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents
Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
Self-starter with ability to derive innovative solutions with little direction
- Advanced Level Skills in MS Excel such as working with formulas, data tables, pivot Charts, queries, custom functions, data management, analysis, and developing financial reports
Bachelor’s degree required Accounting, Finance or related field
Master’s degree preferred MBA
Four (4) years or more Accounting and/or Finance experience required
Four (4) years or more Transportation, Logistics, or equivalent industry preferred
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.