The Complex Financial Instrument (CFI) Valuation Services Senior Associate serves as a key member of RSM Valuation Services Consulting team taking substantial responsibility in performing multiple business valuation and financial advisory engagements simultaneously.
We offer the opportunity to work on a wide variety of challenging projects that will provide exposure to financial analysis, business and financial modeling and forecasting, and valuations focusing on complex financial instruments and derivatives, including, convertible instruments, embedded derivatives, earn-outs, interest rate derivatives, common and preferred stock and other securities along with private debt instruments, options, warrants, and other derivative products. These services are provided to assist clients with mergers, acquisitions; venture financing and public offerings (IPOs); taxation planning and compliance; financial reporting; and strategic planning. We also support assurance and tax clients pursuant to their valuation needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Quantitative Field (Math, Financial Mathematics, Quantitative Finance or related area of study) preferred; MBA or other Master’s a plus
- 2 – 4 years of relevant experience, including financial analysis, modeling and valuation experience
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to prepare detailed financial models in MS Excel and compose technical reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial work environment
- Ability to travel as needed or requested
- Experience in Monte Carlo programs (@risk, Crystal Ball), Lattice models, coding (MatLab, R, etc.), Bloomberg, Intex preferred
- Experience working on the valuation team of a global public accounting (Big 4) or consulting firm or similar industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, interface with client management, gather facts, organize data, analyze financial statements and other financial data, identify relevant issues and propose solutions
- Considerable experience with valuation techniques and methodologies within a business valuation firm or practice in one of more of the following areas: discounted cash flow, market-based approaches, option pricing models, Monte Carlo and binomial models, derivatives,
- Strong project management skills including the ability to manage staff on projects of varying sizes, along with a passion for developing and retaining talent