This position is responsible for all aspects of DC financial reporting, temp invoice auditing procedures and daily production reporting and analysis. Responsible for day to day accounting of supply and other G&A expenses. Responsible for vendor management including vendor setup, purchase order management and invoice reconciliations. This position must be able to effectively communicate weekly, monthly and quarterly financial status to upper management.
- Overall responsibility of the development of DC Expense processes, to include updating and auditing DC supply and other G&A costs. Responsibilities include issuing purchase orders, coding invoices and collecting proper authorization for expenses.
- Prepares and maintains expense accrual logs for actual invoices and other verifiable receipts of products and services. Requires a strong knowledge of Peoplesoft and the ability to reconcile and balance general ledger accounts.
- Manage vendors – services and consumables – to establish service levels and cost structures consistent with Ross standards. Ability to negotiate pricing and realize savings opportunities. Requires the ability to clearly communicate requirements or service shortfalls while maintaining positive relationships with all vendors.
- Track physical inventory and maintain stock of critical DC supplies (corrugate, bubble wrap, tickets, etc.). Manage vendor deliveries to maintain acceptable levels of inventory while minimizing detention charges for aged trailers on-site.
- Serve as the backup to the DC Finance Manager participating in weekly forecast calls as well as month-end and year-end close activities. Requires knowledge of financial accounting reporting standards, in addition to strong analytical capabilities.
- Integrity and Trust
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Time Management
- Action Oriented
- Functional and Technical Skills
- Problem Solving
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good analytical skills, organizational ability and strong problem solving skills a must.
- Knowledge of distribution functions and production standards.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong P.C. skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, Peoplesoft.
- Prior experience with vendor management, financial accounting software and supply chain management a plus.
- 2-4 Years of experience.
- BS/BA in accounting or finance required.
- MBA a plus.
No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; travel or other inconveniences have advance notice; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
Job frequently requires sitting, handling objects with hands.
Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, hearing, and lifting up to 10 lbs.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
1000 Retail Drive
Fort Mill, SC