Baird is seeking a highly motivated, experienced equity analyst for our Private Wealth Management equity research team. This team is responsible for consulting on nearly $50B in individual stocks in Baird’s PWM system and providing guidance and support to Baird’s Financial Advisors. The analyst will act as a co-manager of Baird’s two PWM Home Office Portfolios, directly managing approximately $2B in client assets as well as providing timely market insights and commentary across sectors.
As an Equity Analyst, you will:
- Provide up to date and timely investment guidance and recommendations to Financial Advisors on behalf of their individual/retail clients. This includes providing updates and opinions on stocks across all industry sectors, analyzing high net worth client portfolios and providing insight on general investment topics/themes including portfolio construction.
- Act as a co-manager, along with other PWM equity analysts, for the two Private Wealth Management home office portfolios. This includes ongoing monitoring of portfolio holdings, as well as recommendations for portfolio additions/removals. The Baird Recommended Portfolio is a mid-to-large cap investment portfolio comprised of 40-45 stocks across most economic sectors and has a 16+ year track record. The Baird Rising Dividend Portfolio is a large-cap portfolio focused on dividend generating stocks that have the ability to grow their dividend over time.
- Assist with development of equity ideas and screens, focusing on current market conditions, stock-specific opportunities and needs specific to individual high net worth clients.
- Participate in creating of daily Private Wealth Management research update, published and distributed every morning by 8:00 CT, collecting and synthesizing updates deemed important for Financial Advisors and their clients regarding individual securities, ratings changes, industry updates and other topical updates.
- Other duties/projects as assigned to support Baird’s growing PWM business.
What makes this opportunity great:
- Ability to help drive results within a dynamic environment
- Act as a generalist on a high performing collaborative team.
- Fast paced environment that will enable you to grow as a professional
- Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or other related field. Minimum of five years of investment industry experience, with a preference for candidates with a strong equity research background. MBA with finance concentration and/or CFA charter holder preferred.
- Must be Series 7 licensed or willing to obtain license within 3 months of starting.
- Strong analytical skills and a passion for the markets.
- Adept with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing applications as well as experience with Bloomberg, Factset, and Morningstar.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills; strong presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks; ability to work under strict deadlines and pressure situations; demonstrated time management skills.
- Strong initiative and work ethic, and an ability to work well both within a team and on a self-directed basis. Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment.