The Rivian Service Operations Team is a dynamic group that ensures every Rivian driver receives premium service anytime vehicle maintenance or repair needs arise. We provide premium, seamless, and convenient solutions via our network of Rivian owned service centers, mobile service vehicles, and network of service parts.
We are always looking for top talent – customer-centric professionals in a broad variety of roles to help us continuously develop and improve the quality and range of our service and products. The Service Operations Team at Rivian encompasses critical components of vehicle service such as service engineering, collision repair, service parts, programs & operations, technical support, field teams, and remanufacturing.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Business Operations Analyst role works to support the budgeting and operational needs of the Service organization. This will include meeting with various stake holders and leaders across the Service, Finance and Strategy organizations, compiling and evaluating different initiatives and highlighting the pros and cons of each strategy that the service organization can take. This role will also require excellent communication skills and the ability to present findings to upper management in a clear and concise manner. The role will be responsible, but not limited to the following activities:
- Analyze business goals, objectives, and needs
- Ability to learn new software applications quickly
- Help plan and design business processes and make recommendations for improvement
- Perform research and analysis in support of operations
- Assist in resolving business issues using systems and data
- Estimate costs and benefits of multiple actions and/or solutions and provide recommendations
- Help launch new initiatives
- Perform additional projects upon request
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Relevant Business Administration, Economics or related quantitative major (MBA Preferred)
- Previous experience in Management consulting firm, Start-up or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years as an analyst in a professional setting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint Skills
- Previous experience building financial models and managing stakeholder assumptions
- Proficiency in Business Intelligence Tools such as Tableau, Looker or Domo
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Service Operations
Location: Palo Alto, CA
We Are Rivian
- Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
- We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
- Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
- Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
- Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.