Rinnai: CREATING A HEALTHIER WAY OF LIVING
Rinnai America is the leader in tankless water heating, a technology that is growing rapidly as businesses and homes “yank the tank” and convert to an efficient, endless supply of hot water. We have a commitment to our employees, and a strong, accountable culture with a practice of giving back to our communities.
Rinnai America is also proud to be the only tankless water heating manufacturer in the US, with the start of its first production facility in Georgia.
The Business Development & Innovation Manager will be an integral part of the Innovation Organization within Rinnai America Corporation reporting directly to the VP of Innovation. This role will complement the Senior Manager, Business Development & Innovation with emphasis on identification and evaluation of market-based opportunities. This role will be a contributing member of Rinnai’s Strategy & Business Development Committee.
The role will represent a key element of RAC’s innovation and growth strategy to cement RAC’s position as a market leader in the Americas building products and white goods industry.
Prepares high impact business cases including strategic, financial and market analysis for strategic plans, acquisitions, product portfolio optimization and alliance activity. Includes analysis of market drivers, competitors, and value propositions to develop forward looking insights to efficiently drive management decisions and improve financial results.
- Help lead the corporate strategy development process
- Partner with Corporate Finance (FP&A) teams to ensure financial planning and strategy
- planning process and content are in alignment
- Establish and document best practices in the strategic planning process. Surface and address
- improvement opportunities
- Support the corporate initiatives with problem solving and strategic frameworks / thinking needed to achieve objective
M & A
- Lead all aspects of financial modeling including creation of forecasts and valuation analyses such as DCF, comparable company and comparable precedent transactions
- Support all aspects of M&A execution including financial modeling, valuation, due diligence and creation of operating plans and due diligence summaries
- Own the maintenance of existing industry transaction comps, trading comps and benchmarking analyses
- Support the identification, screening, and evaluation of pipeline opportunities
- Be a proactive and critical thought partner to senior leadership especially with the Strategy & Business Development Committee
- Act as project manager for the due diligence process, working closely with functional workstream leads
- Work directly with counter-party to manage data room materials and due diligence requests for information
- Continuously learn from being exposed to deal sourcing, structuring, diligence, communication (internal/external), valuation, and documentation that are integral aspects of all deal execution
- Identify growth opportunities in existing and new business markets by understanding and articulating the go-to-market strategy and business models
- Work cross-divisionally with partners and business units to define specifications and requirements for new product and technology investigations
- Conduct market research and analysis and develop appropriate product strategy
- Identify the right ecosystem partners and shape and formalize those relationships to drive initiative growth
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- 5+ years of work experience
- Ability to lead in cross functional team environment
- Proven self-starter with the ability to develop and execute high priority strategic initiatives
- Construction industry / building products, consumer durables / white goods experience
- MBA (or equivalent work experience) preferred
- Ability to travel domestic and internationally up to 25%
- Major role in an M&A deal from start to finish
- International marketplace experience (preferably Latin America)
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Superior analytical and thinking skills, intellectual rigor and curiosity and problem-solving capability
- Excellent people skills and ability to present recommendations to senior executives
- Project management skills/ability to multitask and prioritize