Rich’s, also known as Rich Products Corporation, is a family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities. From cakes and icings to pizza, appetizers and specialty toppings, our products are used in homes, restaurants and bakeries around the world. Beyond great food, our customers also gain insights to help them stay competitive, no matter their size. Our portfolio includes creative solutions geared at helping food industry professionals compete in foodservice, retail, in-store bakery, deli, and prepared foods, among others. Working in 100 locations globally, with annual sales exceeding $4 billion, Rich’s is a global leader with a focus on everything that family makes possible. Rich’s®—Infinite Possibilities. One Family.
The Internal Auditor will plan and perform audit testing procedures to report on the adequacy of internal controls, the effectiveness of business operations, and develop recommendations to strengthen the controls over financial reporting or improve efficiency. Internal audits will be conducted on business operations, processes and systems of internal control, and will focus on domestic and international business units, subsidiaries and joint ventures, including operations in Asia, Europe, Latin America, and South Africa.
- Execute, review and modify ongoing audit procedures, as necessary, including continuous monitoring testing, to efficiently and effectively identify control weaknesses.
- Assist as needed in development of audit procedures, engagement plans and scopes with the WHQ Internal Audit Group. This may include coordination of year-end audit work on behalf of Rich’s external auditors.
- Provide independent, objective evaluations of company control structure and report on weaknesses and exposures to increase awareness.
- Perform special audits or assignments as requested
- Promote role of department as a positive resource for technical expertise and guidance on policies, control issues, and business risks
- Identification and realization of quantifiable and realizable cost-savings opportunities
- Provide assurance that organizational exposures have been mitigated in a timely manner
- Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance is required
- Minimum 1-3 years of public accounting or related auditing experience. Candidates not meeting the strict auditing experience requirement, but are otherwise qualified, will be considered based on work experience and advanced degree work (i.e. MBA).
- CPA (or local equivalent), CIA, candidate of a professional designation or in the process of obtaining is required.
- Knowledge of accounting standards (GAAP/Int’l Acctg. Standards) and auditing standards (GAAS).
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Ability to identify exposures and internal control weaknesses
- Knowledge of financial and operational controls
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- Must be able to work well both autonomously and within a team environment
- Bi-lingual helpful but not required, with preference for Spanish or Mandarin Chinese. Consideration also given to candidates fluent in Portuguese, Vietnamese or Korean.
- Familiarity with foreign business culture and practices preferred
- Must be able to travel approximately 15%. At times travel may require two week engagements
Rich Products Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Rich’s”), are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Rich’s. Please contact Rich’s Human Resources department at email@example.com if you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.