The AVP, Commercial Credit Analysis position has primary responsibility of underwriting the larger and most complex requests for commercial loans including leveraged loans, reviewing and decisioning loan requests, supervising the credit analysis process and commercial loan pipeline, training commercial credit analysts, and supporting the VP, Credit Administration Manager.
- Underwrite loans according to the Bank’s credit policy and making recommendations for approval or declination.
- Thorough analysis, presentation, and recommendation of loan requests to approving authorities.
- Decision loans within the role’s designated signing authority as detailed in the Lending Limits and Credit Approval Policy.
- Responsible for managing the departments leveraged lending portfolio.
- Responsible for directing the credit analysis process.
- Training new staff and conducting training for current staff as requested by management.
- Responsible for managing the annual credit review process required by policy.
- Assist in reviewing the Bank’s policies effecting commercial lending (Commercial Credit Policy, Lending Limits Policy, etc.), and departmental procedures.
- Responsible for scheduling loan reviews and renewals.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing departmental procedures.
- Assist the Credit Administration Manager in preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- May be designated as back up to the department manager in his/her absence.
- Efficient interaction with external and internal customers, accountants, and other centers of influence.
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting and a minimum of 3 to 5 years of commercial credit experience.
- An MBA or CPA or the desire to obtain either degree is strongly preferred.
- Should have strong knowledge of credit policy and Federal and State banking regulations.
- Must have a solid understanding of accounting practices, financial statements/tax returns and an ability to identify risk.
- Ability to manage detail-oriented projects or requests and proficiency with spreadsheets and other computer programs will be required.