Requirement: Graduate of an accredited College of Pharmacy.
Preference: Residency; MBA or MS; Immunization Certified
Licensure: Must have license as Tennessee Pharmacist
Experience: Three (3) years of responsible managerial experience in a hospital and/or retail pharmacy setting. Qualified by education, training or experience to work with the neonate, infant, adolescent, adult, and/or geriatric patient population as specialty assignment dictates.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to apply pharmacy knowledge and skills and maintain clinical competency as required in pharmaceutical care which includes practices, compounding, dispensing, primary care, clinical monitoring, performance improvement and inventory control.
- Knowledge of drug products, their uses, side effects, toxicities and therapeutic dose range is required
- Demonstrated ability to manage demanding work environment related to changing patient needs, including work with patients with acute, chronic, and complex disease processes.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of applicable equipment, exercise analytical and mature judgment and initiative
- Demonstrated ability to work without direct supervision and exhibit professional interest through self-development, continuing education, and involvement in professional organizations
- Presents a positive attitude and professional appearance
- Ability to give and follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members, physicians, nurses and others with whom daily interaction is required.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise flexibility, react and perform effectively under stress in emergency situations
- Ability to plan and organize work for self and others
- Computer proficiency related to Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word) and other specialized software and/or databases.
- Ability to mentor, lead and motivate individuals and/or groups of individuals toward the accomplishment of departmental and organizational goals.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, lifting, pulling, reaching and bending to access supplies and fill orders
- Wrist and digital dexterity.