The Program Finance Sr. Analyst is a newly built role and will be an important member of the finance team responsible for development programs within assigned therapeutic areas, providing analyses and interpretation for relevant partners and external collaborators. You will have a significant role in clinical trial and regulatory budget planning and forecasting. This role will maintain a validated command of all aspects of finance programs. The successful candidate will use financial analyses to support decision making and to validate that program and study budgets are based on “realistic” assumptions.
A typical day might include the following:
- Own and lead the Financial Reporting and Analysis for assigned programs and collaborations including preparing quarterly forecasts and monthly actuals reporting and successfully communicating the status of each program’s financial execution and variances to plan/forecast
- Lead and run collaboration results
- Partner with clinical program management and sourcing personnel to build detailed budgets for clinical trials, initiate Purchase Orders (POs) and change orders, and track and monitor clinical trial financials through study completion
- Translate operational components of development plans to detailed forecasts for internal and external clinical costs
- Work with cross-functional teams, subject matter specialists and external collaboration partners to handle and communicate P&L implications
- Lead and participate in departmental initiatives to improve ways of working
- Perform ad hoc projects and financial analyses to tackle business problems and effectively communicate findings and recommendations to senior management and other partners
This role might be for you if:
- You are a proactive and analytical problem solver with the ability think outside of the box and adept at identifying areas of operational improvement
- You have the validated ability to work in a collaborative, fast paced, and at times ambiguous environment
- You can handle dynamic priorities and bring with you a no-nonsense approach to handling a demanding workload
- You excel at getting results and operating independently, while keeping internal clients, peers and leaders updated on developments as needed
- You are very comfortable with ad hoc requests and your ability to fold those into your mix of daily responsibilities
To be considered for this opportunity you must possess a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3-5 years of financial forecasting, budgeting ideally in a science or research driven environment. Having your MBA is preferred as that foundation will aid you in getting up to speed quickly in our environment. We need someone with a strong and comprehensive understanding of finance and accounting principles and P&L statements. Also required is extensive experience using sophisticated functionality within Excel. Our ideal candidate will have validated understanding of tools, such as Hyperion Planning. Reporting and dashboard tools like Qlik and Cognos are also preferred.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.