REAL ALLOY is the global market leader in third-party aluminum recycling and specification alloy production. We operate in 23 facilities strategically located in 6 countries across North America and Europe. We convert aluminum scrap and by-products into reusable aluminum metal for a growing number of applications across various industries. Our headquarters is located in Cleveland, Ohio.
We are looking for the next generation of employees to join our Real Alloy Team. This Controller position is a management level role with opportunities for future growth and development.
If you are an individual who has a passion for growth, is team oriented, and strives to work in a safety-first environment, then you are the person we would like on our team.
Plant Controller provides daily financial leadership to the Morgantown, Kentucky operations within the Recycling North America organization. In this role the candidate will lead all financial and accounting activities including daily tranasctional oversight, the month end close process and the adherance to established company internal controls. The role has a dual reporting configuration to the Business Unit Controller and to the Plant Manager. Additionally:
- Provide leadership in the month-end closing process, including the preparation of adjusting journal entries, accruals, Sales Tax compliance, prepaid maintenance calculations and statistical analysis as well as monitoring and reconciling intercompany transactions.
- Insure accurate general ledger activity including performing month-end balance sheet reconciliations.
- Coordinate the preparation of the monthly review package to ensure timely and accurate reporting to management.
- Prepare the monthly 12 month rolling forecasts and various variance analysis of performance during the year and lead the site annual budget process.
- Perform the oversight, reporting and review of plant Physical Inventories for RM, FG, Spares and Fixed Assets.
- Coordinate all Internal and External Audit documentation requests and ensure proper internal controls are being followed by plant personnel.
- Provide leadership in the development of productivity opportunities and the associated financial analysis and reporting.
- Prepare capital project AFE’s, track project spending, and validate project cost and savings.
- Assist in the management of shared office staff within the A/P & purchasing process and provide support for other office functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree Accounting or Finance required. CPA, MBA and/or Audit background a plus
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in accounting, financial analysis, auditing and/or controllership
- Strong project management skills, teamwork, problem solving and creativity
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with all levels of employees.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and effectively multi-task priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office systems with emphasis in Excel, experience with Oracle and Hyperion preferred
- Ability to travel approximately 2-5% domestic
REAL ALLOY is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.