What is the opportunity?
The Municipal Finance Associate provides analytical, research and transactional support to investment bankers in all departmental work activities relating to the structuring and issuance of municipal bonds through negotiated, competitive sale or via private placement. Associates are involved in every aspect of our business and play critical roles on banking teams serving a broad base of clients. While this role is listed for Los Angeles, we are also willing to consider candidates in San Francisco.
What will you do?
- Perform research, analytics, and financial modeling required to complete a transaction
- Produce extensive financial analyses to structure both straight forward and complex bond offerings
- Take increasing role on client coverage teams and in formal and informal presentations
- Prepare projections, bond / loan portfolio analysis and modeling & related financial analyses for potential & actual capital markets transactions, including data conversion, synthesis & analysis.
- Gather, organize and analyze information necessary to prepare proposals, client presentations, offering statements and marketing materials.
- Prepare proposals and participate in presentations for prospective clients, describing in detail financing alternatives in originating, structuring and marketing an issue and our ability to perform the underwriting functions in a capable manner.
- Develop an understanding of economic and political forces affecting the issuance bonds and the bond market through internal and external resources.
- Enhance the Department’s use and knowledge of available information pertaining to the bond market by collecting, organizing and maintaining various marketing materials and information resources.
- Coordinate the various activities, internal and external, relating to pricing and settlement of public finance transactions. Works closely with management and Investment Bankers to secure closings.
- Develops data and analytical processing skills, a proficient knowledge of available computer programs & improves data processing system to enhance departmental efficiency.
- Other such duties, responsibilities and authority as may be reasonably required, consistent with the purposes for which you are being hired and your background, experience and prior business activity.
What do you need to succeed?
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Economics with demonstrated record of high achievement
- 3 to 5 years of related professional Municipal Finance experience
- Proficiency with personal computers and standard productivity applications.
- Series 7, 63, 52,79 licensing
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; strong knowledge of finance and accounting – able to analyze number proficiently
- Highly motivated, committed and responsible, with a demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities and requests
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain relationships at all organizational levels
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and function independently balanced with strong teaming skills
- Maintain high standards of professional and ethical conduct
Nice to Have
- MBA with emphasis in Finance, Accounting, Public Administration or Finance is preferred
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.
City: Los Angeles
Address: 2049 Century Park East
Work Hours/Week: 40
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 07/30/2021
Platform: Capital Markets
Req ID: 324736