What is the opportunity?
The Municipal Finance Analyst provides analytical, research and transactional support to investment bankers in all departmental work activities relating to the structuring and issuance of municipal bonds through negotiated, competitive sale or private placement.
What will you do?
- Prepares projections, bond / loan portfolio analysis and modeling & related financial analyses for potential & actual capital markets transactions, including data conversion, synthesis & analysis.
- Gathers, organizes and analyzes information necessary to prepare proposals, client presentations, offering statements and marketing materials.
- Prepares proposals and participates in presentations for prospective clients, describing in detail financing alternatives in originating, structuring and marketing an issue and our ability to perform the financial advisory and underwriting functions in a capable manner.
- Develops an understanding of economic and political forces affecting the issuance of bonds and the bond market through internal and external resources.
- Enhances the Department’s use and knowledge of available information pertaining to the municipal capital markets by collecting, organizing and maintaining various marketing materials and information resources.
- Coordinates the various activities, both internal and external, relating to pricing and settlement of municipal finance transactions. Works closely with management and Investment Bankers to secure closings.
- Develops data and analytical processing skills, a proficient knowledge of available computer programs & improves data processing system to enhance departmental efficiency.
- Perform other tasks job related duties as assigned.
- Proactively identify operational risks/ control deficiencies in the business.
- Review and comply with Firm Policies applicable to your business activities.
- Escalate operational risk loss events, control deficiencies and risks that you identify to your line manager and the relevant risk and control functions promptly.
What do you need to succeed?
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, finance, economics with demonstrated record of high achievement. MBA with emphasis in finance, Accounting, Public Administration or Finance is prefered.
- 1 to 3 years of related professional Municipal Finance experience.
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; strong knowledge of finance and accounting.
- Highly motivated, committed and responsible, with a demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities and requests.
- Proficiency with personal computers and standard productivity applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain relationships at all organizational levels.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative and function independently balanced with strong teaming skills.
- Maintain high standards of professional and ethical conduct
- Series 79, 63, 7, 52, 50 licensing
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team