The Naval Power Contracts office has an immediate opening for a Contracts Negotiator or Sr. Contracts Negotiator to provide support for the Naval and Strategic Standard Missile Systems (NSMS) Development portfolio and special program efforts. This role supports critical missile defense programs that provide layered protection around the world. Naval Power Advanced Programs is part of the Naval Shipboard Missiles Portfolio with sales of approximately $700M annually with a secure and stable long-term business forecast.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of proposals, as well as management and administration of certain classified development contracts. The primary customer is the Department of the Navy. Duties include a role in Request for Proposal (RFP) assessment, capture and proposal strategy, contract negotiation, customer engagement and collaboration, and general contract administration. The successful applicant will be a key customer interface for contracting matters and will be responsible for establishing and maintaining trust and cooperation while ensuring that proposed and negotiated terms and conditions comply with company policies and guidelines. The selected candidate will advise program management of contractual rights and obligations and means to mitigate contractual/program risks. Minimal travel may be required.
This position may be for a Contracts Negotiator or a Sr. Contracts Negotiator depending on the applicants’ skills and qualifications.
U.S. Citizenship is required, as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Provide sound contract management to meet customer obligations, achieve company objectives, and comply with company policies
- Professionally represent Raytheon on contractual transactions and work closely with customers to develop business relationships
- Lead for the analysis of Requests for Proposal (RFP), development of proposals, proposal reviews and coordination, negotiation, contractual agreements, contracts execution, as well as general contract administration
- Effectively manage contractual scope and terms and conditions to ensure work is performed to the overall contract scope
- Identify, mitigate, and drive the resolution of contractual issues as they may arise
- Work closely within cross-functional teams to construct, submit, and negotiate Terms and Conditions and pricing proposals, examine and understand cost structure estimates of labor, material, engineering services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Provide guidance regarding contractual and business issues, advising management of contractual rights and obligations as well as possible mitigation of contractual/program risks.
- 4 years of Contracts or Business related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Prior experience with US Government contracts or applicable business related experience
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Existing DoD Top Secret Clearance
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS)
- Experience managing production, development, or service contracts
- Ability to understand the financial aspects of contracts and risk quantification
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships with customers and internal partners based on understanding, teamwork, and trust
- Experience working is a fast-paced environment, where prioritization is required to be effective
- Proven record of responsiveness with strong time management and organization skills
- Contractual acumen with proficiency in contracts fundamentals
- Related contract administration experience including hands-on proposal preparation and contract negotiations with the US Department of Defense (DoD)
- Experience with US Government and US Prime Contractor customers as well as end-user communities in the development and acquisition of major systems
- Familiarity with Other Transaction Agreements, Intellectual Property, license agreements, or teaming agreements
- Juris Doctor or MBA a plus
Raytheon Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.